• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor’s first season

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I will be interested in the progression of the youngsters this season. In particularly striker Ben Seymour. His loan at Bideford saw a return of 24 goals from 35 games (incl 31 starts), so although "early doors", he could be pushing for some first team recognition.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good luck to Matt, and I really hope we see some really upbeat attacking play at home, fewer players out of position and substitutions with impact*

*Yes, we got this under Tisdale on occasions, but only on occasions

rustle

Just want to see positive, aggressive football, long ball play only an added time tactic and going home smiling whether we win or not.

100milesaway

I think anything could happen

I was a huge Tisdale fan but I’ve learned a lot on here and appreciate there were some negatives.

It’s obviously hugely important to keep our top players, I’m thinking Pym, Brown, JMT, Storey, Boateng, Stockley

I’d like to see some serious attacking, some big wins, not worrying so much about the opposition, less hats

I’d be happy with play offs

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm waiting for the headline "Taylor stitches up Tisdale".
Tisdale tinkers as Taylor flies.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
If ifs and buts were pots and pans then tinkers become Taylors.

Banksy

Taylor dishes it out as Tisdale fiddles about.Tis sets his team out for a draw as usual at Stadium MK and we thrash 'em.
That's the headline I'd like to see.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see absolutely no reason, and yeah no pressure, why we cant win the division if not the auto's lets not forget atm we still have a team and a squad that is v v good for this division

andrew p long

I will be interested in the progression of the youngsters this season. In particularly striker Ben Seymour. His loan at Bideford saw a return of 24 goals from 35 games (incl 31 starts), so although "early doors", he could be pushing for some first team recognition.
I think that is a bit optimistic at present. Bideford are in the Evo Stik South West, the fourth tier of non league. That’s a heck of a way off the standard of League Two.Someone like Levi Landricombe scored twice as many goals at that level...

And Ben generally didn’t get to start in the U 23 side, where he came on occasionally for a few minutes IIRC.

So his target for the first half of this season will be to establish himself in the U23s/reserves.Plenty of time; he is still very young.

Of the youngsters I expect to seeSparkes,Hartridge and Collins as more likely candidates for the first team squad

grecianfaniow

Tinker Taylor could make a song out of that UTC