• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor’s first season

citylad60

Ah, another one who thinks 2 x 4th place finishes is failure.
Did i say where we finished was a failure ? The failure my friend was at wembley, and for me that counts.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't tinker Taylor.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah, another one who thinks 2 x 4th place finishes is failure.
There was only one 4th Place finish (you have to go back to 1963-64 for the only other one !). I don't think that anyone is saying that 80pts and a fourth place finish is a bad season. However after losing last years play-off final to Blackpool, the stated aim for 2017-18 was PROMOTION, and we failed to achieve that aim.

The frustration felt by the fans, lies in the negative team selection and tactics employed at Wembley. I for one certainly felt that we had the players and quality in the team to win that game, but our ex-manager "blew it".

ExeterCityLad

Be happy with Play Offs, although expecting a top 3 finish. A small part of me thinks we could win the league and get the title, not too many big clubs now Luton and Cov have gone, and MK have an awful manager so not too much to worry about. Probably the weakest league we've seen since we've been down here.

Grecian2K

Don't tinker Taylor.
Nice one Piscine one. Could the mods create a George Smiley smiley for this one?

Ashford Grecian

Depends how many players we lose to MK but top half is being realistic.....

Banksy

Depends how many players we lose to MK but top half is being realistic.....
I still can't see why we should lose any , although I appreciate Tisdale seems to feel safe with players he signed way back when for some reason.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The club is in a position to play hard ball if Tisdale and MK Dons come knocking.

Red Bill

I can't see why we'd lose any to MKD, they're just another L2 team, I can't imagine they're on anyone's list of clubs they'd like to play for, so why would they make a sideways move like that. If we do lose the likes of JMT or Pym, I'll be very surprised if they left for a club lower than L1

Gordon Dale

Having seen that MT has released 3 'strikers' ( Simpson, Brunt ? and McAlinden) I feel sure he intends to focus initially on that aspect of city's play.

Can't wait to see a Jack Sparks - Jayden Stockley combination together with some wingers . MT will blood our terrific youngsters who I feel sure will form the backbone for future success. Win lose or draw ....what you get with the youngsters is 100% commitment and effort coupled with a fairly high degree of skill.

My forecast is City won't be relegated , will thrill the supporters with some cracking football and the average gate will pushing 5000 instead of struggling to reach 4000. as a realistic 'grecian' ...I feel one cannot ask for much more !