• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

Ash

It's on page 1 of this forum post.
Ta!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
and scrappy free kicks............
Yes. Very pleased he scored this goal : set us on our way...👍

Red Bill

It was this fixture last season when I realised what a very good player Matt Jay is. It was a terrible performance from us, particularlysecond half, but there was one shining light and the only one of our players who could hold his head high at the end of the game, and that was MJ. So pleased it's all finally coming good for him and he's getting the recognition he deserves after such a very long wait!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was this fixture last season when I realised what a very good player Matt Jay is. It was a terrible performance from us, particularlysecond half, but there was one shining light and the only one of our players who could hold his head high at the end of the game, and that was MJ. So pleased it's all finally coming good for him and he's getting the recognition he deserves after such a very long wait!
Whats your valuation Bill?

Red Bill

Whats your valuation Bill?
Haha, good question! My guess is around £4-500k, but if he ends the season with over 20 goals to his name with the technical and creative ability he has it could be double that. Who knows really though. I think he's an absolute gem who'd almost certainly thrive and improve with better players around him. I think he's worth a lot more than I think we'll realistically get given the impact of COVID though.

flack attack

Fair enough, its all about opinions. Wheeler was great in the air, but in all other aspects of the game I'd say MJ is superior
Would imagine that Wheeler had/has a pace advantage too. Jay doesn't seem to be a slouch, but Wheeler was pretty rapid.

Rosencrantz

MJ is the better technical footballer who has had to work on the physical side of the game. Wheeler has better physical attributes and has had to work on his technical ability.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wheeler scored 4 goals in 37 games last season for Wycombe when they were a successful league 1 club.

In terms of goals scored he has only had one very good season in the football league which was for us in 2016 - 2017.

Obviously it does depend where you play.

andrew p long

cambmike

Not saying MJ is at this level but he must dream about the fact that Jamie Vardy to Leicester City from Conference to Championship at the age of 25