• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Jay

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The positives any potential buyer would take from MJ
- assist stats
- hard worker
- Fitness/Stamina/lack of injury
- Can play CF or attacking midfielder
- technically excellent
- good temperament
- rate of progress
- potential to learn/further improve

His recent heat map showed just how much ground he covers. With all the technical data and statistics available these days any buyer, who will have done their research, would struggle to find many negatives.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
He doesn’t score many headers.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps, but 14 goals and 5 assists this season is a good return with a third of the season still to go. Hes entering his prime and I think closer to the 1m is more realistic than 250k. Was it Wheeler who went for 400k? Jay's a better footballer and in a good Championship side I could see him really flourishing.
IIRC Wheeler's fee was £600k.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I humbly beg to disagree.
I used to chat with David a bit and, I think it's fair to say, he was a fully signed-up member of the Matt Jay Fan Club long before it was fashionable to be so. FWIW, I'd be reasonably sure David would acknowledge MJ is a more accomplished footballer.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
*Duplicate post*

Last edited:

Red Bill

IIRC Wheeler's fee was £600k.
That's what I thought too. I thought it was Nichols that went for £400k, or is that what Rovers paid the Posh?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Risking the wrath of all and sundry I think you're all getting a bit carried away.
Don't think he can improve much from now on and a lot of his goals have been scrappy or penalties (Yes, I get that you have to be in the right place).
On the basis of one good season and not being a youngster I reckon we might get 125k for him. Personally speaking I don't think he'll be transferred anyway so it's all very hypothetical
and scrappy free kicks............

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope he signed a 15 year contract. Great player.

Ash

Can anyone tell me where I can find that graph showing league two's most creative players this season? I saw it on here yesterday but I can't for the life of me find it now. Thanks in advance!

ExeterCraic

Can anyone tell me where I can find that graph showing league two's most creative players this season? I saw it on here yesterday but I can't for the life of me find it now. Thanks in advance!
It's on page 1 of this forum post.