• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke McCormick

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's a child killer he deserves all he gets.
You do know it was an accident, right? He didn't set out with the intent to kill a child. And he got, and served, a prison sentence for the consequences of his actions that day.

There's no way of knowing whether the abuse contributed to our first goal, but as BigBanker has said, he has played pretty well before against us whilst suffering similar abuse, so somehow I doubt it.

I ****ing love getting one over the Argyle, but it has to be said that continuing to give him abuse over this incident reflects poorly on us as City fans, not on him or them.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
As sure as I can be. Got a fair few children of my own so as a parent.....
The rest of your statement doesn't really make any sense.
As a parent I disagree with you. The rest of my statement was saying that playing for Argyle doesn't makes him a household name. Being a second-rate keeper for a fourth-rate club is hardly likely to bring him into the faces of the affected family.

Devon_Lad

A predictable return to the usual abuse on Saturday, but I'm starting to notice less and less people joining in with the 'murderer' chant (good). It still amazes me that so much of our support seeks to use the death of two children as a means to 'score points' against a rival team.

Mind you, McCormick certainly provides a useful outlet to the once-a-season knuckleheads dressed in their Stone Island gear, pretending that they want a fight at the front of the Big Bank. Hopefully that should keep them satisfied for a while so that we don't see them back at the park until the GAWs annual visit next season.

On the upside, many more performances like that and Super Luke will be on his way out of Gnome Park, which would be an enormous relief to those of us who still find the whole thing totally unsavoury.

To be honest I thought my clobber was looking on point on Saturday, hope you replica wearing softies in the middle of the Bank looked down and agreed (y) Oh, and I'll be at Yeovil Saturday and every home game as per usual so hardly once a season.

Some think McCormick is fine, I think he's a ****. Everyone has their own opinion. I'll continue to give him **** everytime we play against him though, that's for sure. But yeah, it definitely satisfied me on Saturday (y)

Devon_Lad

Up to him though, innit.
Giving McCormick and the scum fans sitting in the Doble some abuse is up to me also, innit.

Red Bill

A predictable return to the usual abuse on Saturday, but I'm starting to notice less and less people joining in with the 'murderer' chant (good). It still amazes me that so much of our support seeks to use the death of two children as a means to 'score points' against a rival team.

Mind you, McCormick certainly provides a useful outlet to the once-a-season knuckleheads dressed in their Stone Island gear, pretending that they want a fight at the front of the Big Bank. Hopefully that should keep them satisfied for a while so that we don't see them back at the park until the GAWs annual visit next season.

On the upside, many more performances like that and Super Luke will be on his way out of Gnome Park, which would be an enormous relief to those of us who still find the whole thing totally unsavoury.
Well said BB!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You do know it was an accident, right? He didn't set out with the intent to kill a child. And he got, and served, a prison sentence for the consequences of his actions that day.

There's no way of knowing whether the abuse contributed to our first goal, but as BigBanker has said, he has played pretty well before against us whilst suffering similar abuse, so somehow I doubt it.

I ****ing love getting one over the Argyle, but it has to be said that continuing to give him abuse over this incident reflects poorly on us as City fans, not on him or them.
Agree with this 100%. He was in jail for 3 year 7 months for a tragic if avoidable accident. He was irresponsible but paid the due penalty set by a judge who had all the circumstances before him. Calling him a "child killer" implies he did it deliberately, and is way over the top.

Devon_Lad

Agree with this 100%. He was in jail for 3 year 7 months for a tragic if avoidable accident. He was irresponsible but paid the due penalty set by a judge who had all the circumstances before him. Calling him a "child killer" implies he did it deliberately, and is way over the top.

Apologies, I'll make sure my mate quotes the correct judicial terminology next time he hurls abuse at him.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Giving McCormick and the scum fans sitting in the Doble some abuse is up to me also, innit.
Yes it is. I never said otherwise, but I think it's totally unedifying nonetheless.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had a cheeky read of Pasoti yesterday and on one of there threads a poster said they went in the home end against AFC, and then went on to say that **** was subjected to worse than he has had from Exeter City, Pompy and rovers have both given him a huge amount of abuse, i saw a few Videos from the awayend when Pompy were there earlier this season, and it sounded worse tbh

We have to put up with playing him twice a year (poss 4 times this season) if the bank unsettled him on saturday and thats the reason we drew level, as lets face it no one was keeping Ollies second out, then im fine with it

Oh and one last thing, labelling all Exeter fans that chant abuse at him as knuckle draggers is guess work, how do you know that they havent lost a child/friend/family member to a drink driver (not just aimed at you but everyone) a crowd of 5.5k its likely a lot have had to deal with the out come of **** actions, and a lot will just be gob ****e tossers aswell tbh
Got links to the vids? Not disputing you, just be interested to see.

I didn't label all Exeter fans that chant that abuse as knuckle draggers.

You're right, some people who chant it probably have dealt with the consquences of drink driving. I have too, and it only served to strengthen my view that the chanting is wrong.

Last edited:
Strange thread this one. I couldn't care less about the player and he's not worthy of any of our exeweb time.