• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke McCormick

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suggest (before making such claims) that you have a read of other forums (pasoti inc) and see with your own eyes he gets the same level of abuse everywhere he plays
That simply is not true. There is no way he's subjected to the same level abuse when he plays at Yeovil/Dagenham/York etc etc as he's subjected to at SJP.

And id say the reason for Ollies first goal getting past him was down to the pressure of 4k behind him on his back, so on a footballing front we won down to the fans getting at him (no different to the keeper at crawley last monday)

So the next question is, would you rather lose 1 nil to that lot and have a ground that doesnt abuse him, or 3 pts (in the way we pulled them off) with chants aimed at him?
:) This did cross my mind yesterday.

Perhaps the pressure did get to him, but according to Pasoti he's been on poor form for quite some time (http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93350), so perhaps it was just a continuation of that. We'll never know either way. He has played in a fair number of games against us before and it's never affected him previously, he usually plays very well against us.

So yes, I'm glad he made the mistake, but no I don't think the end justifies the means re the abuse, mainly because there's no way of being certain the two are connected.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Completely agree. Rather we got behind the team instead of waste our breath on the bloke.
Agree with this. However, as much as it doesn't sit right with me that this is used as "banter", I don't think he did himself any favours at all kissing the PAFC badge in front of the bank at the start of the second half.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hey which do-gooder brought it to the top of the thread again!! Well done. Hopefully he'll get more abuse thanks to you.��
I love how you use do-gooder as a derogatory term in this, of all threads, in which you are staunchly defending your right to abuse someone who you judge to be much less than a do-gooder.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with this. However, as much as it doesn't sit right with me that this is used as "banter", I don't think he did himself any favours at all kissing the PAFC badge in front of the bank at the start of the second half.
Up to him though, innit. I thought it was brilliant when Artur did that in front of the scummers in the away end a couple of seasons ago.

sladie

That simply is not true. There is no way he's subjected to the same level abuse when he plays at Yeovil/Dagenham/York etc etc as he's subjected to at SJP.

:) This did cross my mind yesterday.

Perhaps the pressure did get to him, but according to Pasoti he's been on poor form for quite some time (http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93350), so perhaps it was just a continuation of that. We'll never know either way. He has played in a fair number of games against us before and it's never affected him previously, he usually plays very well against us.

So yes, I'm glad he made the mistake, but no I don't think the end justifies the means re the abuse, mainly because there's no way of being certain the two are connected.
I had a cheeky read of Pasoti yesterday and on one of there threads a poster said they went in the home end against AFC, and then went on to say that **** was subjected to worse than he has had from Exeter City, Pompy and rovers have both given him a huge amount of abuse, i saw a few Videos from the awayend when Pompy were there earlier this season, and it sounded worse tbh

We have to put up with playing him twice a year (poss 4 times this season) if the bank unsettled him on saturday and thats the reason we drew level, as lets face it no one was keeping Ollies second out, then im fine with it

Oh and one last thing, labelling all Exeter fans that chant abuse at him as knuckle draggers is guess work, how do you know that they havent lost a child/friend/family member to a drink driver (not just aimed at you but everyone) a crowd of 5.5k its likely a lot have had to deal with the out come of **** actions, and a lot will just be gob ****e tossers aswell tbh

Grim reaper

I love how you use do-gooder as a derogatory term in this, of all threads, in which you are staunchly defending your right to abuse someone who you judge to be much less than a do-gooder.
And? Definitely lost the thread in that statement. He's a child killer he deserves all he gets.

I agree with this. For me the abuse towards him is quite unsavoury, however the fact he kissed the badge really does not help his cause. Yes Artur may have done it a while back, but the 2 situations are quite different.

He has served his time and, irrespective of what you think of the man like anyone who has served his time should be allowed the opportunity to start his life over again, no matter how awful what happened was.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh and one last thing, labelling all Exeter fans that chant abuse at him as knuckle draggers is guess work, how do you know that they havent lost a child/friend/family member to a drink driver (not just aimed at you but everyone) a crowd of 5.5k its likely a lot have had to deal with the out come of **** actions, and a lot will just be gob ****e tossers aswell tbh
Conversely, of course, you could argue that out of that crowd how many who chanted stuff aimed at him have decided to risk driving while knowingly over the limit? I'd wager that if the answer is zero, then there'd be quite a few people telling porkies.

Red Bill

Conversely, of course, you could argue that out of that crowd how many who chanted stuff aimed at him have decided to risk driving while knowingly over the limit? I'd wager that if the answer is zero, then there'd be quite a few people telling porkies.
I'd argue that if the answer isn't everyone (at least once in their lives) there'd be quite a few telling porkies!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'd argue that if the answer isn't everyone (at least once in their lives) there'd be quite a few telling porkies!
I've never knowingly driven over the limit (but of course I also haven't chanted stuff about McCormick). And of course many of the people chanting stuff won't have driving licenses, so that will presumably rule them out!