• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't do Valentines. It's a colossal waste of time and money. Having a partner who thinks exactly the same is a Godsend though. :geek:
To be honest, I don't either.

Legohead

Banned
Valentines is ok when you are a teenager but over that age it's a bit contrived. Each to their own though.

Tim Long

He says singer with a hard g in the middle. I guess it's a West Midlands accent coming through.
Are you sure it's not product placement for a Thai beer ?

Alistair20000

Swanaldo said:
He says singer with a hard g in the middle. I guess it's a West Midlands accent coming through.

Are you sure it's not product placement for a Thai beer ?
Does Scott Golbourne have a hard "g" ?

Tim Long

Swanaldo said:

Does Scott Golbourne have a hard "g" ?
I'm still confused as to how 'Singha' beer is pronounced; sing-er, sin-ger or singe-r (sin-jer ?). Goggled it and it's pronounced 'sing' apparently. Perhaps we've had Golbourne (goll-born ? goal-borne ?) all wrong and the g is pronounced as an h in a Spanish-stylee so he's 'Holborn'

elginCity

Dennis and Ciara keep choosing the weekend to visit, uninvited.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those ten minute jobs that turn into something much, much bigger. A tap in the bathroom has started dripping so I turned to but discovered the stopcock in the kitchen is seized solid. Okay no problem, I went outside to turn the water off but couldn't find the stopcock key. Still can't find it so that's two hours I'll never get back - plus I need a plumber for the job in the kitchen - plus I need to buy a new stopcock key for outside.

The tap's still dripping.

GJW

Those ten minute jobs that turn into something much, much bigger. A tap in the bathroom has started dripping so I turned to but discovered the stopcock in the kitchen is seized solid. Okay no problem, I went outside to turn the water off but couldn't find the stopcock key. Still can't find it so that's two hours I'll never get back - plus I need a plumber for the job in the kitchen - plus I need to buy a new stopcock key for outside.

The tap's still dripping.
It’s never 10 minutes. At work you often hear Managers say something takes 10 minutes when it takes hours, but they are the experts🤪

Grecian2K

All this current flooding (AGAIN) along the Welsh borders.

After all the times it's happened before surely someone has to ask Wye?

fred binneys head

It’s never 10 minutes. At work you often hear Managers say something takes 10 minutes when it takes hours, but they are the experts🤪
Maybe it takes them 10 minutes because they are the experts, and it takes you hours because you're not :p