• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Little things that annoy you

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's amused me no end the amount of people complaining that Parasite, a Korean film, with Korean actors and shot in Korea is in a foreign language and should have been in English! Actually it's not a foreign language, it's their language. Anyway, having missed the unlimited screening a couple of weeks ago, am looking forward to seeing it soon.
Me, too

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't seen anyone complain about this - I must move in the wrong circles.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I haven't seen anyone complain about this - I must move in the wrong circles.
It was probably a comment on DevonLive. There's some classic stuff on there!

Legohead

Banned
Cool rapper type speak

'Babygirl.......i don't want to have to do this to you right now.......' when addressing host Katherine Ryan.

BABYGIRL?!! What do you work in a maternity ward or something? Ridiculous. She's an adult woman.

'....but everybody - she needs to understand the levels right now....' which basically translated at 'there's some sexual chemistry here. Although quite why he couldn't have said that is anyone's guess.

LEVELS?!!

Swanaldo

The way Gary Davies says 'singer'.

GJW

The way Gary Davies says 'singer'.
How does he say it?
Is that Gary the radio 1 DJ from the good old days or someone else?

Swanaldo

Yes its ooh Gary Davies from the old days. He's been filling in for Ken Bruce this week.

He says singer with a hard g in the middle. I guess it's a West Midlands accent coming through.

IndoMike

Don't forget it's Valentine's Day, chaps, or you might get a thick ear from 'er indoors or. even worse, the big freeze

GJW

Yes its ooh Gary Davies from the old days. He's been filling in for Ken Bruce this week.

He says singer with a hard g in the middle. I guess it's a West Midlands accent coming through.
Like a ‘Ger’? Have to listen out for that one.

always remember a Prefab Sprout lyric where his sings the word ‘listen’ and pronouncer a hard T, like ‘ten’. Slightly annoying but probably the right way to pronounce the way it is spelled.

Legohead

Banned
Don't forget it's Valentine's Day, chaps, or you might get a thick ear from 'er indoors or. even worse, the big freeze
Don't do Valentines. It's a colossal waste of time and money. Having a partner who thinks exactly the same is a Godsend though. :geek: