• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Lincoln City vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Play the theme music by all means but don't try to call Guy Gibson's dog....you'll get chucked out for sure!!! ;)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm sure it's been mentioned (haven't flicked back through the thread) but what the **** is the air raid siren all about every time Lincoln get a corner. Surely that's off putting for all involved. What a load of ********.

Ashford Grecian

Sat on train back to Chesterfield chatting to a guy who is also from Chesterfield and is Lincoln's Luke Waterfalls dad.
He says that was best performance seen by an away side at Lincoln this season and Boateng was brilliant
Hmmm not sure what game he was watching pretty average performance at best... Agree with most Harley MOM and Pym faultless...

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Any praise for Tis's team selection and tactics on here? .
I thought he got it right and he corrected everything that went wrong in the previous match.Boateng,Harley and Taylor pushed the midfield up closer to Stockley and the defence was rock solid throughout.Harley was the key to the control we had on the game.We bossed that match for the majority of it and Lincoln looked a poor side .I didnt rate them in the first 45 minutes of the earlier match until we fell apart and they weren't much better on Saturday.If Tis can use a 2nd striker from the start,we are strong enough now with our injured players returning to win the 2nd leg.

Banksy

But who will be the second striker , that's the question.And will Tis even set out an attacking formation , I hope so.

tonykellowfan

"Don't Pay the Perryman" - Chris de Burgh?
"Goodbyeeee" - Paul Tisdale and the Flat Back Four?
"I'm H.A.P.P.Y." - The Exeweb Glee Club Ensemble?
"Bored in the USA" - Pate Springsteen?
Bored in the USA is actually a song by Father John Misty.

Red Devon

But who will be the second striker , that's the question.And will Tis even set out an attacking formation , I hope so.
The balance of the team isn’t quite right with Simpson alongside Stockley and Jay hasn’t scored enough, I hope he keeps to the same eleven that started Saturday I believe that team can score goals and are good enough to beat Lincoln.

grecIAN Harris

The balance of the team isn’t quite right with Simpson alongside Stockley and Jay hasn’t scored enough, I hope he keeps to the same eleven that started Saturday I believe that team can score goals and are good enough to beat Lincoln.
I quite liked the shape of the side on Saturday. It gave Taylor and Harley opportunity to get into more advanced positions and I think at home the will be given more scope to go as they had to have a bit of discipline with regards their defensive duties (who'd have thought you'd see Harley put in a tackle like that one in our box late on in the second half?)

Red Monster

I would bring in Kane Wilson in place of James and play him out wide to link up with Moxey or Sweeney, his extra pace would cause them trouble.
Normally you would want Edwards but he’s still a bit up and down with his performances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member