• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
A huge dose of the usual hysteria on Exeweb as per usual after a defeat. Interesting we have conceded less than we had after two league games last year and got the same amount of points. Too early to call how our season is going to pan out.
Did you watch the game also?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank Christ for the Winkleigh Cider Fair tonight to avoid the Exeweb Snowflake Suicide Squad on here tonight. A 3-0 defeat is depressing enough but reading you lot wanting to hang yourselves without even a slight look in the other direction, no thanks. We all know the squad is a bit thin depth, that's a given, and it's been vulgarly highlighted in todays result and performance. But look at the four players we're missing. All of them would certainly be regulars in the match day squad and three of them are almost certain starters. That's a fair kick in the b0!!0cks for any side to take. The pressure is on Taylor to get in some real quality to breach the gaps, particularly where Collins should be, but he still has a couple of weeks to do something about it. Is it right to be p!$$ed off and annoyed about todays result? Yes. Is it right to want to want to jump off Exminster motorway bridge whilst righting off this season? Behave yourselves. There has been far worse at City to get that depressed about. The trouble is some of you are barely old enough to remember us getting relegated to The Conference never mind the ultimate dirge of the mid 80's.
Get a grip. No-one is threatening suicide or threatening to jump off a bridge. People are rightly fcked off with the performance and the apparent lack of depth in the squad.

Although I'm old enough to remember the poor team sof the 90s and obviously the relegation to the conference, its patronising to the younger people on here to constantly refer to our $h!t past. If we all live in the past we'll never move forward. Young people today are more progressive and dynamic than ever before and if we had a few more of them at board level at the club we might not be stuck in L2!

ryancooper327

“Next season will be a season where we're going to go strong, and go as strong as we possibly can and spend as much money as we can possibly afford, possibly money we've saved this season," he said.”

Trapdoor

I actually am worried that MT is one of the reasons we are not attracting quality players to the club. He was a great defender in his day but that doesn't make him a good manager.

His man management and public commentary has been so poor over the past few seasons.

Contrast against Tisdale who was often cited by players as one of the reasons they joined/stayed at ECFC. You may not have liked Tisdale but he was a good man manager of nothing else.

AlphaDevil2

Did you watch the game also?
No, it may hav been a s**tshow day of the office, but its too early for people to condemn our season, we have seen before how things change in previous seasons

grecIAN Harris

Did you watch the game?
No, I listened to it on the radio and followed the comments on here. And before you start on with the 'oh but I was there and it was.............', I stand by what I've said. The junior members on here think they've witnessed the worst performance ever today. The trouble is, you've all grown up with what are comparatively the best times ever for following City in terms of performance and our style of play and when it goes tits up like it has today it's going to seem like the apocolypse (and I know I haven't spelt that correctly:rolleyes:). I can assure you, what you witnessed today is nothing compared to what we used to have to put up with week in, week out during the mid 80's and even some of the 90's.

Grecian2K

, and go as strong as we possibly can and spend as much money as we can possibly afford, possibly money we've saved this season," he said.”
We have though!

Haven't you seen the price of single blend malt and prawns for the boardroom sarnies latety. All those new directors don't feed themselves you know.

Oh, and don't forget the forthcoming new "big screen" either...at least that might be something to entertain the BB during what is now fast becoming the usual goalless dross.

Grecian Max

No, it may hav been a s**tshow day of the office, but its too early for people to condemn our season, we have seen before how things change in previous seasons
It was miles off, we are going to struggle on that evidence

denzil

"His man management and public commentary has been so poor over the past few seasons." However at least I understand his post match remarks and opinion on the game rather than the "gobbledegook" spouted by the previous incumbent.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A huge dose of the usual hysteria on Exeweb as per usual after a defeat. Interesting we have conceded less than we had after two league games last year and got the same amount of points. Too early to call how our season is going to pan out.
We haven't scored in three games counting and even missed a penalty.

I think when the manager promises you a big summer of signings you have a right to feel disappointed after what has been served up and by whom.

We can talk about how bad City were in the 90's when the club was flat broke but at least we had a title winning season to look back on, we haven't been promoted now for 13 years. But the bigger point is what we desperately need those 6,000+ in the ground each home game to stop us losing money as there is absolutely no guarantee we will sell another academy player for millions. Taylor has been given an enhanced playing budget to achieve the level of football that will get the punters in and has gone on the record to promised big things = now he must deliver.