• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
No, I listened to it on the radio and followed the comments on here. And before you start on with the 'oh but I was there and it was.............', I stand by what I've said. The junior members on here think they've witnessed the worst performance ever today. The trouble is, you've all grown up with what are comparatively the best times ever for following City in terms of performance and our style of play and when it goes tits up like it has today it's going to seem like the apocolypse (and I know I haven't spelt that correctly:rolleyes:). I can assure you, what you witnessed today is nothing compared to what we used to have to put up with week in, week out during the mid 80's and even some of the 90's.
Oh bugger off Ian, I started watching City in 1995, I'm fully aware of how bad we can be - much worse than you had to "put up with" in the 80s.... you're even lucky enough to have seen a title winning team, which you bang on about all the time

dontpassback

injuries and a weak squad may well be extremely costly this season,othe clubs have got their act in order,and it seems we are playing catch up with strengthenging and signings,I look forward to Julian tagg explaining why we are not challenging

dontpassback

Oh bugger off Ian, I started watching City in 1995, I'm fully aware of how bad we can be - much worse than you had to "put up with" in the 80s.... you're even lucky enough to have seen a title winning team, which you bang on about all the time
I started in 1968 and trust me I have seen some dire football,I am always optimistic ,but this season we haven’t prepared and it could cost us dearly

denzel

No, I listened to it on the radio and followed the comments on here. And before you start on with the 'oh but I was there and it was.............', I stand by what I've said. The junior members on here think they've witnessed the worst performance ever today. The trouble is, you've all grown up with what are comparatively the best times ever for following City in terms of performance and our style of play and when it goes tits up like it has today it's going to seem like the apocolypse (and I know I haven't spelt that correctly:rolleyes:). I can assure you, what you witnessed today is nothing compared to what we used to have to put up with week in, week out during the mid 80's and even some of the 90's.
In the 80s and 90s we weren't expecting too much success, and as far as I recall the managers didn't promise 'the best transfer window' ever.
Still, there's no papering over the cracks after today and we have another game on Tuesday to start on the improvements.

LDNGrecian

I’m referring to when we lost to MK dons away with a team consisting of Jonathan Fortune at left back and Chris Shepherd in midfield, not that I’ve been watching for 9 years. Been following city for double that so I have some experience of the bad old days.
The thing that makes it worse is the expectation. If we hadn’t sold anyone for a few years and had a lower budget I wouldn’t mind losing games like this. But when MT makes comments about us being in the strongest financial position ever and marquee signings coming in how can you not be despondent? He’s had 4 years to make a team in his image and how he wants to play. He’s had plenty of money to spend yet it feels like he’s still in his first year managing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
These are a bad idea.

Attachments

Grecian Max

These are a bad idea.
Got the pints in too, good lads

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecIAN Harris

Get a grip. No-one is threatening suicide or threatening to jump off a bridge. People are rightly fcked off with the performance and the apparent lack of depth in the squad.

Although I'm old enough to remember the poor team sof the 90s and obviously the relegation to the conference, its patronising to the younger people on here to constantly refer to our $h!t past. If we all live in the past we'll never move forward. Young people today are more progressive and dynamic than ever before and if we had a few more of them at board level at the club we might not be stuck in L2!
I was talking metophorically not literally but some on here have this season dead and buried already and we'll be in The Conference next season. I understand the anger over the performance and the lack of depth but if speaking from experience is patronising then best we forget any of the past ever existed as it is irrelevent in any matter.
As for being more progressive and dynamic than ever before.............. I think we'll leave that for a non football related forum.

malcolms

Having witnessed all of that and also seen lots of Orient v City games. I can assure you this was the worst performance there since we got beat 5 0 in the early 90s I think it was. A truly gutless performance with little obvious structure and no plan.