• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Leyton Orient v Exeter City Matchday thread 14/08/2021 3pm KO

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A trip to the capital to face a much fancied Orient side this season.

I remember going to Orient as a young teen of 13 years old to watch City. I was on the away terrace pre match having a sneaky ciggy when my Uncle, of whom I was unaware was attending the game, approached me and said "I thought you'd given up" to which I cagely replied "I don't smoke often I just thought I'd have one" worried he'd tell my mum. He replied "No, given up watching City" He still reminds me of that today!

Anyway that game we scored ridiculously early, a deflected free kick if I remember correctly.

Hoping for the same luck tomorrow. UTC

haka

I've seen us lose there to both Orient and Leyton Orient, or The Orient (but not Clapton Orient). I expect they're called the Leyton Leopards or something now.

Good luck City, given the troubled lead-up to the game I hope we can get through unscathed. Pay a win bonus for a point.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
One of the few grounds I’ve not been to, but unfortunately can’t make it today. Safe travel to the mighty Grecian hordes and good luck to Matt and the boys.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hoping for a good day out, easy game to get to. Padraig Amond with the winner!

Jason's preview

Grecianpasty

Dawson
Key Sweeney Ray Grounds Sparkes
Dieng Atangana
Brown Jay
Amond

Looking forward to seeing Amond play. I have no doubt he will start today with Noombe out.

Expecting a strong defensive display and a couple of set piece goals. Jay a deadball worldly and Dieng a booming header straight from a corner

2-0 City

590 City Faithfull.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I reckon this could turn out to be a really decent game. I think both teams will do well this is a season. Will Amond score on his debut if he plays?, might be worth a small wager UTC

Arthur Davey

One of the few grounds I’ve not been to, but unfortunately can’t make it today. Safe travel to the mighty Grecian hordes and good luck to Matt and the boys.
Yep, likewise. Always seems to fall when I can't make it ☹ Reckoning a decent game. Wouldn't bet against Amond sneaking one, he seems to be one of those instinctive finishers.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
MT may show faith in Seymour and start him over Amond

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with Jack Sparkes

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quiet on here today. First goal of the season and first three points I reckon. Jay with the winner.

COYR