• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
The EFL can’t win, had they blocked Dale and the previous fella and Bury had subsequently gone squat as a result, they would’ve been accused of having too stringent set of rules for potential buyers of football clubs.

Banksy

I’m not suggesting for one moment it’s the fans’ fault Mike , only suggesting that they basked in the glory of promotion and all but the naive amongst them must have realised they were doing it on borrowed time and cash. Now they’ve reaped the whirlwind I’m afraid. They won’t be the first or last.....

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The EFL can’t win, had they blocked Dale and the previous fella and Bury had subsequently gone squat as a result, they would’ve been accused of having too stringent set of rules for potential buyers of football clubs.
At least one expert disagrees with you

les.gtfc

That was unreal last night. Not seen a storm like that for years. At least us and Macc will both be in tonight's draw for the 3rd round.

IndoMike

Jevans says the FL did due diligence on Dale, but from all accounts they requested proof of funds last year and he has never provided it. How can that be due diligence? Did they suspect nothing? Are the FL's hands tied - if yes, what's the point in them doing due diligence? What about Anderson, who has an awful financial history? Did they do due diligence on him? A whitewash. Should have known the EFL would not accept responsibility.

denzel

All those Bury fans happily took promotion with their overpaid ( when they were being paid ) team , you can’t have a free lunch forever. At the expense of another better run club that could have been promoted instead.So no sympathy from me.Maybe they’d do best to try to start again like Wimbledon did / adopt our system instead of relying on some crook or other to get them promoted.Bolton will be next , the whole rotten system needs to be sorted out from top to bottom. What can you expect anyway with 99% of revenues going to our so called Premier league and the ridiculous salaries and transfer fees being paid all round.I’ m surprised it all hasn’t come to a head sooner.
I have sympathy for the fans. Lest we forget how close we came, if we had gone out of business would it have been the fans fault?
We had no sanctions against us and may even have benefitted as a club in the long run. But we should never forget the businesses that had to accept 7% through no fault of their own.

ryancooper327

Maybe too soon but what happens to Bury players now? Are they still contracted or can they be free agents?

ryancooper327

Whoever is left that is.

Grecian2K

Thought most of them had already moved to Cornwall?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe too soon but what happens to Bury players now? Are they still contracted or can they be free agents?
Free agents. Most contracts have get out clauses for extraordinary circumstances or force majeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.