• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect they’ll promote Salford to fill the gap.

Seriously though, sad times all round, but I believe something that was necessary to hopefully make other rogue club owners sit up and take note that football clubs aren’t immune from going to the wall.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I expect they’ll promote Salford to fill the gap.

Seriously though, sad times all round, but I believe something that was necessary to hopefully make other rogue club owners sit up and take note that football clubs aren’t immune from going to the wall.
It had to happen, unfortunately. I really hope the Serious Fraud Squad investigates the financial dealings of the relevant actors, who must pay for their crimes.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's also worth noting that the loans day took out at huge interest rates against the ground were from his own loan company.

IndoMike

It's also worth noting that the loans day took out at huge interest rates against the ground were from his own loan company.
If I'm not mistaken the loan was 1.4M and the debt has grown to 4M.

DB9

It was inevitable that this wasn't going to end well for Bury, The last week has been like a slow, lingering death for them. Mr Dale, You buy a club for a £1then you know things ain't right and to keep borrowing was madness, You said any new owner had to take on all the debt, Well to me that meant if a sale went through they would have had to pay you the historical debt that you inherited meaning you would have pocketed a shed load for just a quid, paid off the debt you occurred and made a nice wedge out of it, For that I hope the club's a financial noose around your neck for years to come

IndoMike

I suggest a suitable prison sentence for anyone involved in the financial misdeeds at Bury should be the time it takes for Bury to get back into Div 1. The irony would be sweet.

Banksy

All those Bury fans happily took promotion with their overpaid ( when they were being paid ) team , you can’t have a free lunch forever. At the expense of another better run club that could have been promoted instead.So no sympathy from me.Maybe they’d do best to try to start again like Wimbledon did / adopt our system instead of relying on some crook or other to get them promoted.Bolton will be next , the whole rotten system needs to be sorted out from top to bottom. What can you expect anyway with 99% of revenues going to our so called Premier league and the ridiculous salaries and transfer fees being paid all round.I’ m surprised it all hasn’t come to a head sooner.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bury's demise is the best advert for The Supporters Trust we could hope for. Just seeing Bury fold like that is enough to make me chuck them another 50 quid.

Remember Russell & Lewis, our very own Kodak moment.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The whole world of football is a shambles, with individual players being paid in a couple months what it would take to have saved Bury, not that they deserved saving. So much money going out of football in agents fees and 'advisor' fees even more shit will hit the fan as the seasons progress

End of the Day Bury was a limited Company with limited liabilities, and run by crooks not just Dale but this guy Day his predecessor seems to be equally as bent if the guardian article is anything to go by, borrowing money from one Company to fund another at extortionate interest rates. We have suffered from these types of characters as well with Lewis and co so they are rife in football. Unfortunately it is not just football, and some people seem to make a very comfortable living out of running numerous companies into the ground, defrauding the HMRC with non payments of VAT & tax and other hardworking local businesses who believed in the club, how they sleep at night is beyond me, and the Government need to do something about these characters as in Dale's case 41 companies he associated with ending up in liquidation but not before he has had a fair old whack out of the business and moved any assets of worth on.

The EFL also needs to wake up and smell the roses because I am sure it is not just Bury and Bolton that are in desperate trouble, their fit and proper tests are so obviously not worth the effort and would appear unenforceable looking at what happened to Bury

With regards to Bury and their fans sad to see an old club go but the writing surely must have been on the wall for sometime for those close to the club especially if anybody did a company search, so like Banksy I have no sympathy for them as they cheated their way to promotion.

IndoMike

All those Bury fans happily took promotion with their overpaid ( when they were being paid ) team , you can’t have a free lunch forever. At the expense of another better run club that could have been promoted instead.So no sympathy from me.Maybe they’d do best to try to start again like Wimbledon did / adopt our system instead of relying on some crook or other to get them promoted.Bolton will be next , the whole rotten system needs to be sorted out from top to bottom. What can you expect anyway with 99% of revenues going to our so called Premier league and the ridiculous salaries and transfer fees being paid all round.I’ m surprised it all hasn’t come to a head sooner.
I wouldn't say it's the fans' fault, Banksy. Apparently Bury fans wrote to the FL in January with their concerns. The FL replied that Dale had the necessary funds.
But you're right that in effect their club competed unfairly using funds which were owed to others. This is all about Day and Dale being conmen and the FL being incompetent, irresponsible, and negligent.
As I have said, the fans should pool together and sue the FL.

Status
Not open for further replies.