• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Found another one posted on Facebook.
View attachment 14915
Roy Harper £300. A bit of a gamble that - gig quality depended on how stoned he was..

Oldsmobile-88

I’d love to know what some of the more outlandish gig riders were for some of the bands on those lists..

One of the oddest ones I heard was for Jelly Babies for The Stranglers during their early days.

iscalad

I’d love to know what some of the more outlandish gig riders were for some of the bands on those lists..

One of the oddest ones I heard was for Jelly Babies for The Stranglers during their early days.
The Wonders tuff came into the bar after their Great Hall gig and had a milk drinking contest.
Sly and Robbie wanted limes in the middle of winter.

Colesman Ballz

Yes would've only been able to charge £500 after The Yes Album was released I would've thought, and that was released in Feb '71.
Wishbone Ash had only just started gigging in 1970, and recorded their first album in the September, which was only released in the December, so likewise it would rule them out price wise in the summer of 70. Would definitely suggest it is 71 or 72.

iscalad

Wishbone Ash had only just started gigging in 1970, and recorded their first album in the September, which was only released in the December, so likewise it would rule them out price wise in the summer of 70. Would definitely suggest it is 71 or 72.
Slade were known as The Slade up until 1970.

Alistair20000

1709467866789.jpeg

DB9

Similar to Pink Floyd, Who in their early days, Between 1965 - 1967 were called The Pink Floyd Set and The Pink Floyd, Also i think earlier they experimented with a few names.

Rosencrantz

And of course The N'Betweens and Ambrose Slade before that.

angelic upstart

I wrote to Chas n Dave to see if they'd play a wedding I was best man for and they were charging 2k plus VAT and that was 2006 (I think)

Bridgy 81

Whilst we’re on bands from yesteryear I’ve got an interesting evening planned for tomorrow.
I’m going to see Canadian band The Musical Box at The Forum in Bath.
They exclusively play Peter Gabriel era Genesis material.
This current world tour that they’re on started last year and is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of the Selling England by the Pound album.
So, although their setlist is only 10 songs they are very long.
It’s five from the album above, three from Foxtrot and one each from Nursery Cryme and Trepass.
The bloke who ‘plays’ Peter Gabriel wears replicas of the outlandish outfits he wore for each song and portrays the respective characters, mimicking the exact physical movements that Gabriel originally made.
He even has his hair in that strange style where it’s long on the sides but with a big track shaved up the middle.
I’ve only seen them online up until now and they seem very good, so I’m looking forward to watching and listening to them live.
Hopefully it’ll fun.
I had a brilliant night yesterday.
What a fantastic venue The Forum in Bath is.
Very Art Deco, lovely.
And The Musical Box were incredible.
If you like early Genesis stuff and get the chance to see them, don’t hesitate, you won’t regret it.