• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last Band you saw

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Found another one posted on Facebook.
View attachment 14915
Does it say anywhere what year that was?

Bridgy 81

Whilst we’re on bands from yesteryear I’ve got an interesting evening planned for tomorrow.
I’m going to see Canadian band The Musical Box at The Forum in Bath.
They exclusively play Peter Gabriel era Genesis material.
This current world tour that they’re on started last year and is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of the Selling England by the Pound album.
So, although their setlist is only 10 songs they are very long.
It’s five from the album above, three from Foxtrot and one each from Nursery Cryme and Trepass.
The bloke who ‘plays’ Peter Gabriel wears replicas of the outlandish outfits he wore for each song and portrays the respective characters, mimicking the exact physical movements that Gabriel originally made.
He even has his hair in that strange style where it’s long on the sides but with a big track shaved up the middle.
I’ve only seen them online up until now and they seem very good, so I’m looking forward to watching and listening to them live.
Hopefully it’ll fun.

iscalad

Does it say anywhere what year that was?
Sorry, not able to find the original post. Late 60s early 70s is my guess.

iscalad

Whilst we’re on bands from yesteryear I’ve got an interesting evening planned for tomorrow.
I’m going to see Canadian band The Musical Box at The Forum in Bath.
They exclusively play Peter Gabriel era Genesis material.
This current world tour that they’re on started last year and is commemorating the 50th anniversary of the release of the Selling England by the Pound album.
So, although their setlist is only 10 songs they are very long.
It’s five from the album above, three from Foxtrot and one each from Nursery Cryme and Trepass.
The bloke who ‘plays’ Peter Gabriel wears replicas of the outlandish outfits he wore for each song and portrays the respective characters, mimicking the exact physical movements that Gabriel originally made.
He even has his hair in that strange style where it’s long on the sides but with a big track shaved up the middle.
I’ve only seen them online up until now and they seem very good, so I’m looking forward to watching and listening to them live.
Hopefully it’ll fun.
My very first gig was to see Genesis in Plymouth promoting the Foxtrot album. I was blown away.

Mr Jinx

Sorry, not able to find the original post. Late 60s early 70s is my guess.
Given the prices for Yes & Slade, I'm thinking it was 1971. 1972 at a push.

Rosencrantz

Given the prices for Yes & Slade, I'm thinking it was 1971. 1972 at a push.
Maybe 1970 as well looking at T Rex, name changed and a decent sized fee. 1971 still probably favourite though.

Stelios

My very first gig was to see Genesis in Plymouth promoting the Foxtrot album. I was blown away.
Yes but what was the gig like? :D

iscalad

Yes but what was the gig like? :D
F'ing brilliant

Mr Jinx

Maybe 1970 as well looking at T Rex, name changed and a decent sized fee. 1971 still probably favourite though.
Yes would've only been able to charge £500 after The Yes Album was released I would've thought, and that was released in Feb '71.

STURTZ

Saw this tour at The Great Hall, certainly an experience...

A Flower????