• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

John Challinor - Odds

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
After careful consideration, I'd actually venture a caution Yay - provided the deal was right for City.

He always stood out as our one "flair" player in the pre-Harley days and, who knows, despite his long soujourn in the "tinpotteries" might he be one of those players who finds the higher skill in L1 (as opposed to NL clogging) might allow his game to thrive.

A possible "replacement for SRH even - who knows (probably only Tis ;) )?

PS: RaWZ - could it be possible that his sudden proclamations of "love and desire" for ECFC might just, possibly, be linked to our status now as one of the top League One clubs*

*By God - it felt soooooo good just typing that! [y]

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jon Challinor was very good for city but for us to take him on now imho would mean him not taking alot of money in exchange for what would represent a HUGE Gamble for us

ForeverECFC

Jon Challinor was very good for city but for us to take him on now imho would mean him not taking alot of money in exchange for what would represent a HUGE Gamble for us
would he go up however many Leagues on a lower wage to boost his career? he'd be stupid not to

Grecian2K

Steve's comments, following his chat with JCh, seem to indicate that Challs (perhaps) now recognises the error of his earlier ways and has learned that perspiration sometimes has to be added to mere inspiration in order to achieve success.

If he truly wants back (ON OUR TERMS) to resurrect his career, would we be losing out to at least offer an opportunity.

He certainly sounded to be desperately keen to mend bridges and try and build a career at our level?

PS: Its a bit Alanis, isn't it, though for the "Billy Big Bollox" of our BSP days to suddenly wake and sniff the ECFC branded L1 Gold Blend coffee after all this time ;)

Last edited:

ForeverECFC

Anyone who went to the Yeovil game obviously it wasnt anything serious but did you see anything to make you think i wouldn't mind having him back here

Stuart Storer's Tache

It gets worse. JC was over the hill 3 years ago. He was a fantastic player for us but if he was still good enough he would be in the league rather than turning out for a conference team and not exactly setting that league on fire.
Exactly, was he over the hill? Maybe, certainly over-weight in the pics I saw. Not lightweight as someone in this thread has commented!

milts

Interesting comment on his twitter account. Maybe he reads exeweb!!

LammieLammieLammie

Course he does! ***waves*** :D

Grecian2K

Interesting comment on his twitter account. Maybe he reads exeweb!!
Out of principle, I don't "tw*tter"....care to expand? ;)

LammieLammieLammie

ChalJonnor "Loves to be told what people are saying about me, why can't they just say it to me! All about opinions."

Last edited: