• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jimmy Keohane

Chudleigh Cannon

Keohane's problem (as Tisdale sees it, I suspect) is that he is too direct and in running AT people and heading for the penalty area, he fails to follow rule number 1 in the Tisdale book of how to play football. i.e. the ball MUST go sideways and on no account should you risk losing possession. By 'having a go' Tisdale sees him as a liability to his 'passes competed' stat, which as we all know is much more important than shots on target!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Swap McAllister for Woodman and then that looks like a pretty decent team to me.
What he said

budegrecian

What he said
I'd be quite happy seeing that side too.
However, that is a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation. On the 'Scott Bennett Quote' thread you have emphasised the requirement to play an orthodox 4 -4 - 2 formation.

On the up

This could be a good team involving Keohane

Pym
Ribeiro--Bennett--JMT--Woodman
Sercombe--Noble
Wheeler--Keohane--Nicholls
Nichols
If Noble is struggling I'd replace with Davies. Better in the centre than out wide. Would also put some of younger more mobile players on the bench. Don't really want to look to freshen things with with Oakley, Butts, Macallister, Morrison and Harley on the bench. It would make national headlines for oldest bench ever in football.

grecianfaniow

If Noble is struggling I'd replace with Davies. Better in the centre than out wide. Would also put some of younger more mobile players on the bench. Don't really want to look to freshen things with with Oakley, Butts, Macallister, Morrison and Harley on the bench. It would make national headlines for oldest bench ever in football.
We can call it the OAP bench, just find an old park bench for them to sit on (rofl)

JamieEcfc

Have I missed any news on Keohane or are we still waiting?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still waiting on him and Oakley.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not really bothered whether either signs or not. I like jimmy, but if he wants regular first team football, he's best off looking elsewhere.

Taz

Would like to keep Jimmy but lose Oakley and try to replace with Luke Young from Torquay (I'd imagine Oakley's wages would probably cover Young's like for like).

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Keohane is always on the fringes of the team but has never done enough to break into it on a regular basis. He could inherit Sercs' starting place or he could also build his career elsewhere. Maybe he is waiting for an offer. There could be a decent player in there but only a run in the team would prove it either way. Being brutally honest, there will be plenty of midfielders of his calibre available before the start of the season, whether its Jimmy or A N Other, Tisdale will have to take a punt. He's been sitting on the fence regarding Jimmy for years now.