• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jimmy Keohane

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Jimmy seems to be very much of an enigma. He was on fire at the end of last season. I for one was relieved that he did not sign for anyone else. I genuinely thought as with Ryan Harley in his first spell with us Tisdale could build a team around him. Sadly whether for lack of opportunity or failure to meet with the master's requirements at the Cat Fiddle he has not kicked on.
Very much my view. I feel we have not got the best out of him but perhaps it is down to him. Whatever the reason, it is disappointing.

Taz

I think the problem with ANY player is that confidence and form seem to go hand in hand. I think Keohane is good enough to be playing regularly, and with more matches his confidence will grow... and so his performances will be better.

Using the same theory imagine how good Wheeler would be with said matches, confidence and form... Ahhh we can but dream...

manc grecian

Be best for all if he moved on. I love his energy and commitment and, at the moment, would swap that for the lethargy of Harley and the clumsiness of Bennett.

He always seems to be the one to make way when changes are made probably due to his lack of consistency.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jimmy featured in all of the first 20 games for us this season. Since then he has only made 2 (very) brief appearences in the last 13 matches.

Truth is, Jimmy probably didn't do well enough when given the opportunity of a prolonged run in the side.

LOG

What i liked about him, and i've deliberately used past tense, was his willingness to run at people, something we're sadly lacking throughout most of the rest of the side. Ok, he's no Maradona but who else have we got that seems prepared to do the same? 15 minutes of Wheeler and Sercombe, who i'm not convinced is ever really in control of the ball.

grecIAN Harris

Jimmy seems to be very much of an enigma. He was on fire at the end of last season. I for one was relieved that he did not sign for anyone else. I genuinely thought as with Ryan Harley in his first spell with us Tisdale could build a team around him. Sadly whether for lack of opportunity or failure to meet with the master's requirements at the Cat Fiddle he has not kicked on.
Really?:eek: How??:S His most comparable player in the first team is Sercs. He's got a good engine and works hard but fails to deliver the final ball when required. He certainly couldn't be compared to Harley during his first spell in any way, shape or form.

Bittners a Legend

I'm not sure he has ever had an established position. He probably needs to play centrally in a 4-2-3-1 with two genuine wide players and a strong, powerful forward leading the line. That'll never happen under Tisdale and sadly he seem to prefer to play Scot Bennett in that role ahead of Keohane and Harley!

ECFC_George

This could be a good team involving Keohane

Pym
Ribeiro--Bennett--JMT--Woodman
Sercombe--Noble
Wheeler--Keohane--Nicholls
Nichols

manc grecian

Pym
Sercombe--Noble
Nichols
You've put all the players in their right positions. Back to the drawing board.

Pym
Sercombe--Noble
Nichols
Swap McAllister for Woodman and then that looks like a pretty decent team to me.