• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suspect that he will be back at Swindon soon, after Bradford have "rinsed" Lee Power's wallet for maximum transfer fee value.
Would imagine there'd be clubs 2it bigger wallets sniffing around.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tom Nichols told he can leave Bristol Rovers.

Fits the way Taylor likes us to play and has proven he can score at this level. Could do worse but up front isn’t a priority, really.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
IInteresting... Doesn't seem to have been pulling up trees there, but in the 1st XI mist weeks. They must have strikers coming in. Doyle?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Would imagine there'd be clubs 2it bigger wallets sniffing around.
He can only play for Swindon or Bradford this season, due to the registration rules. If any other Club signed him, he couldn't play for them until next season.

Red Devon

IInteresting... Doesn't seem to have been pulling up trees there, but in the 1st XI mist weeks. They must have strikers coming in. Doyle?

Won’t be Doyle he’s already played for two clubs this season.

Colesman Ballz

Can't be Doyle, possibly Rhys Murphy from Yeovil, can't see them affording Brett Pitman from Pompey though.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Fits the way Taylor likes us to play and has proven he can score at this level. Could do worse but up front isn’t a priority, really.
please no 😨

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
please no 😨
Why?!

I know his goal scoring record in L1 has been poor the last couple of years but he did get double figures for Peterborough and proved he can score plenty at this level too. At 26 he’s still not quite in his prime.

there’s far worse options out there, although it’s not necessarily a position we need to focus on.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why?!

I know his goal scoring record in L1 has been poor the last couple of years but he did get double figures for Peterborough and proved he can score plenty at this level too. At 26 he’s still not quite in his prime.

there’s far worse options out there, although it’s not necessarily a position we need to focus on.
TBH I wasn't all that keen on him first time around and was happy with the 300k? that we got for him. I don't think he's developed and kicked on as well as people thought he would. He's certainly not popular amongst the Rovers fans. For me its a step backwards and I'd rather keep playing Seymore or Ajose than sign Nichols.

He scored 9 goals in 115 games for a mid table Rovers side, which is approximately a goal every 13 games. for a No.9 that simply isn't good enough, albeit I don't know how many of those appearances were from the subs bench

Last edited:

IndoMike

Even if Matt was interested in Nichols, it's very probable that the latter's salary demands would be too great, although that would depend on if any other club was interested in him, I suppose.