• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window Ins Outs And Rumours

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Same source who in the summer said Jake Jervis had signed, and will be announced in 48 hours. We’re still waiting 6 months later.

One of those idiots on twitter who has nothing better to do with his time.
We know. But in the absent of any other rumours these will have to do for now, even though they're probably 100% nonsense. :)

muppetdodger

Or maybe a keeper as well now depending on the Ward situation. Could look to extend Visser's contract to the end of the season, depending on his injury too, of course. Anyone know what his problem was/is ?
Think I read somewhere that on landing on his arm he had a pain relating to one of the screws in his arm put in after the original break.

sign of the chimes

We, along with many other clubs are pursuing Portsmouth's Pitman, but Swindon are the favourites to sign him.
It looks increasingly like Pitman may be on his way out in January; he'd already fallen down the pecking order at Fratton Park and we've signed a couple already in this window. He's out of contract in the Summer and seems to want to carry on playing.

It wouldn't be any surprise for him to find somewhere to play between now and May, with a view to a longer deal for the following season; either on loan with us paying some wages or with us coming to an arrangement regarding paying off some of his remaining deal if that facilitates a move.

He's settled in the South - he's on record as saying location was one of the reasons he took a pay cut and signed for us initially - subsequently I can't see him moving all that far geographically. I think he's currently based in Dorset - therefore you'd think that clubs in the SW could be a likely destination. Swindon and P*ymouth were the first two clubs to be linked - though one wonders whether the former are using him as a 'viable' alternative to Doyle in negotiations with Bradford?

He's an interesting player. He scored 20-odd goals in our first season back in L1 and was a genuine talisman in an average, transitioning side that year. As the squad has become stronger he's struggled - as the team hasn't been primarily moulded around getting the best from him - which has exposed his limitations. He splits opinions among the fanbase at Fratton Park - many convinced our best goalscorer is being left out of the side with others feeling that his presence reduces the overall effectiveness of the XI.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It looks increasingly like Pitman may be on his way out in January; he'd already fallen down the pecking order at Fratton Park and we've signed a couple already in this window. He's out of contract in the Summer and seems to want to carry on playing.

It wouldn't be any surprise for him to find somewhere to play between now and May, with a view to a longer deal for the following season; either on loan with us paying some wages or with us coming to an arrangement regarding paying off some of his remaining deal if that facilitates a move.

He's settled in the South - he's on record as saying location was one of the reasons he took a pay cut and signed for us initially - subsequently I can't see him moving all that far geographically. I think he's currently based in Dorset - therefore you'd think that clubs in the SW could be a likely destination. Swindon and P*ymouth were the first two clubs to be linked - though one wonders whether the former are using him as a 'viable' alternative to Doyle in negotiations with Bradford?

He's an interesting player. He scored 20-odd goals in our first season back in L1 and was a genuine talisman in an average, transitioning side that year. As the squad has become stronger he's struggled - as the team hasn't been primarily moulded around getting the best from him - which has exposed his limitations. He splits opinions among the fanbase at Fratton Park - many convinced our best goalscorer is being left out of the side with others feeling that his presence reduces the overall effectiveness of the XI.

Probably would be that classic get a team over the line signing for a League 2 club in January....9 or 10 goals between now and the end of season would probably just about do it for someone like us, Swindon or Colchester.

sign of the chimes

Probably would be that classic get a team over the line signing for a League 2 club in January....9 or 10 goals between now and the end of season would probably just about do it for someone like us, Swindon or Colchester.
There's a fair chance he could rock up somewhere and make the difference but I do think it would depend on how that team was set up in the first place and whether you had other players who could cover some of the things he's not so good at doing. I guess if you're a manager towards the top of the table it's whether you would risk disrupting something that was already working (unless you were already playing a system that would suit Pitman and play to his strengths with an inferior player in his position).

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a fair chance he could rock up somewhere and make the difference but I do think it would depend on how that team was set up in the first place and whether you had other players who could cover some of the things he's not so good at doing. I guess if you're a manager towards the top of the table it's whether you would risk disrupting something that was already working (unless you were already playing a system that would suit Pitman and play to his strengths with an inferior player in his position).
He will end up at Argyle or Swindon I am sure.

Corey

He will end up at Argyle or Swindon I am sure.
Forest Green is a shout. They seemed to struggle to score the other day.

TotnesGrecian

Swindon have had their man striker recalled by Bradford.

Bradford City have recalled Eoin Doyle from Swindon Town.
Doyle joined Swindon on loan in August and scored 23 goals in 22 appearances in Sky Bet League Two helping the club to the top of the league.

Legohead

Banned

Doyle joined Swindon on loan in August and scored 23 goals in 22 appearances in Sky Bet League Two helping the club to the top of the league.
See league 2 news thread.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Suspect that he will be back at Swindon soon, after Bradford have "rinsed" Lee Power's wallet for maximum transfer fee value.