• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the end for our Green chums ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bright move? This is the Argyle board we are talking about here, they've proved they are incapable of finding their own arses. Ridders exploited the rifts in the board to ride in and has now cobbled a deal together with his old mate Brendan. As you say, why is Brendan working gratis unless there is a payday at the end?

The crazy thing is that Argyle board could have done this at least a year ago with nowhere near as much grief, however lemming like they went after the World Cup bid and it has taken this long for them to wake up to reality.
My sources in Muff report that Argyle spent several million on consultancy and other fees in going for the World Cup bid. A figure of £8 million has been suggested but shirley that cannot be right ?

PAFC!!

My sources in Muff report that Argyle spent several million on consultancy and other fees in going for the World Cup bid. A figure of £8 million has been suggested but shirley that cannot be right ?
From what i can remember it was 600k for the stadium plans, £1 million on promoting Plymouth and another 500k getting planning permission im sure the overall figure was around the £2 million mark

Forever7

It would be interesting to know what the local authorities spent on this failed bid as well, especially at a time the country is in such a perilous state. I know that Cornwall County Council wasted £50,000 on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-12571885

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Whilst I wish you and your fellow supporters all the best for the future [after all, a rivalry is worthless without a rival...] £2m is still a lot of money to gamble on an unlikely world cup bid. Somebody somewhere was a little carefree...

grecianfaniow

what makes me laugh was in the radio debbon show with Ian commenting, is that the board didn't know til the night before they were going to get thrown into admin???? I mean what f*cking planet are they living on! they said 'had to hurry a legal team in' ? who was it bungle?

Sandstorm

It's all happening exactly as expected. Admin was inevitable and now the interesting part starts. Who has the Riddler got lined up to come in and who will end up with the ground?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
what makes me laugh was in the radio debbon show with Ian commenting, is that the board didn't know til the night before they were going to get thrown into admin???? I mean what f*cking planet are they living on! they said 'had to hurry a legal team in' ? who was it bungle?
Shirley they were served with reasonable notice of the hearing or does the law let you be put in a position where you can be obliged to put a case at short notice ? This is actually a serious question particularly with the bullies at HMRC throwing their weight around in a disgusting manner at present.

Isn't it also interesting that when you have no cash it is still possible to dredge up funds to pay the lawyers.

grecianfaniow

Probably using public money ie legal aid lol

Willy Nilly

£50k from Cornwall seems like feck all to me, really.

If they had landed the World Cup bid and there are many that thought we were in with a chance, the economic benefits would have been far greater.

As for Argyle. Pah, I hope they are wiped from the face of the Earth and the 'fans' toddle off down the road to watch Truro.

stuartsdog

As for Argyle. Pah, I hope they are wiped from the face of the Earth and the 'fans' toddle off down the road to watch Truro.

well said that man