• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there something wrong or not quite right?

Memphis09

certainly seems to have worked out brilliantly since aimson got the captaincy doesn't it!
Give it back to Sweeney
New players need to earn the respecT of the players and us supporters first
Aimson has not done this yet

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
certainly seems to have worked out brilliantly since aimson got the captaincy doesn't it!
And you think Aimson being captain has everything to do with p!$$ poor performances from 'our own' in recent weeks? Or maybe 'our own' have to man up and deal with different expectancies, be it style or level, instead of sulking around as they have done for the last couple of games.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Give it back to Sweeney
New players need to earn the respecT of the players and us supporters first
Aimson has not done this yet
Caldwell has created a rod for his own back with this situation, Unless Sweenz did something to rock the boat then he should have kept the Captaincy for the rest of the season. It is one of those situations than can ruin team spirit if handled incorrectly. If Aimson had proved to be the better leader in the meantime then it should have gone to him next season.

lamrobhero

Project 6000 and the talk about "going to the next level" is the context within which decisions are being taken including GCs appointment. Whether it will be successful or the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater time will tell. But it is a time of change.

Memphis09

Project 6000 and the talk about "going to the next level" is the context within which decisions are being taken including GCs appointment. Whether it will be successful or the baby will be thrown out with the bathwater time will tell. But it is a time of change.
The way it’s going beside the Project 6000 how is this going to effect next season tickets sales

Red red

Watched the video of the team arriving yesterday and they look pretty miserable.
Atmosphere was poor and was worried for the game as body language poor. .
Agree Sweeney should keep captaincy until summer.
I feel a disconnect with fans now that wasn’t there last season.
But let’s keep positive until the summer

Bat Fastard

And you think Aimson being captain has everything to do with p!$$ poor performances from 'our own' in recent weeks? Or maybe 'our own' have to man up and deal with different expectancies, be it style or level, instead of sulking around as they have done for the last couple of games.
it can't have helped. do you think that's our problem at the minute is that we're not 'man' enough then? unfortunately I think this is caldwell's view, it's why he got the sas to kidknapp his previous squad. presumably they became real men after the experience and performances improved on the football pitch

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sweeney being given the armband was only ever a short term commitment as made clear by GC at the time.

"....he is my captain for the foreseeable future,” Caldwell said. “But everyone at this club should be looking to be a leader."

“We have Sam Stubbs on the bench who is a massive influence on the group and is very vocal. It is not something I am set on, but he will be the captain for the future.”

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
it can't have helped. do you think that's our problem at the minute is that we're not 'man' enough then? unfortunately I think this is caldwell's view, it's why he got the sas to kidknapp his previous squad. presumably they became real men after the experience and performances improved on the football pitch
MT said something along the lines of our players being nice lads from Devon and needing to be more street-wise a while back.

Squeezebox

Perhaps Sweenz didn't want the captaincy so he could concentrate on getting his place back in the team?