• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there something wrong or not quite right?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading the Matchday thread and taking this post from Agent Andy:

"It’s running through the whole club , from academy to first team . Things I’m hearing from my travels around , things I’m seeing , there definitely is something not right at the moment. Probably to do with staff turnover or something, but it’s a totally different feel to what it was ."

I'm asking, Do we think there's a different feel around the club? Or is it a case of a couple of good results and all the positive vibes come back? Results have been poor, No matter about performances, Its points on the board that really count and tbh this is the first time i felt that we've lost a few games and having trouble seeing where the next win or two are coming from.

Is it a new manager stamping his own mark on the club (Or not)? The turnover of backroom staff unsettling the players? Players being asked to do different things? I have no idea and i don't really want it to be a slagging off people thread but what do others think?

arthur

I share your concern, but I fear that much of what will follow will be uninformed speculation. Given that we have six whole days before the next match, expect Nicola Bulley levels of bizarreness

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Two consecutive wins would change the mood for the first team, and the fans.

tom_ecfc

It feels like we’ve got to a turning point in the club and things never go smoothly. We are trying to twist when maybe we should just stick.

Alistair20000

Change can be unsettling especially if it is thought the change is not for the better.

tom_ecfc

I share your concern, but I fear that much of what will follow will be uninformed speculation. Given that we have six whole days before the next match, expect Nicola Bulley levels of bizarreness
As long as the Tik Tokers stay away!

andrew p long

The thing that is wrong or at least not quite right, is that we have one point and one goal from the last 4 games. Fix that and everything will be rosy in the garden again. Its called football.

tom_ecfc

The thing that is wrong or at least not quite right, is that we have one point and one goal from the last 4 games. Fix that and everything will be rosy in the garden again. Its called football.
I know this is a bit of a sore subject, but when things go wrong like this, players from further afield will have their heads turned come the summer. Nombe is the one I think will leave in the summer, back to the London area. Sitting on the bench so much can’t be what he thought he’d be doing going into this season off the back of a successful last season and in good form at the start of this season.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taking the captaincy off sweeney and giving it to someone who hasn't been here five minutes is a strange one.

Bat Fastard

I agree with Andy, as well as results and style of play something feels different about the club. I don’t expect us to go down as we had such a strong start to the season, but I do expect us to be in the relegation zone from the point Caldwell took over. Club will have a decision to make in the summer, I’d personally rather Nicholson got the job