• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there something wrong or not quite right?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading the Matchday thread and taking this post from Agent Andy:

"It’s running through the whole club , from academy to first team . Things I’m hearing from my travels around , things I’m seeing , there definitely is something not right at the moment. Probably to do with staff turnover or something, but it’s a totally different feel to what it was ."

I'm asking, Do we think there's a different feel around the club? Or is it a case of a couple of good results and all the positive vibes come back? Results have been poor, No matter about performances, Its points on the board that really count and tbh this is the first time i felt that we've lost a few games and having trouble seeing where the next win or two are coming from.

Is it a new manager stamping his own mark on the club (Or not)? The turnover of backroom staff unsettling the players? Players being asked to do different things? I have no idea and i don't really want it to be a slagging off people thread but what do others think?
Gary’s interview on the “my new football club” podcast is well worth listening to….up beat and positive.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think we can put this thread to bed now, there's no lack of spirit in this team, there's no sense of defeat running through the club, Aimson is the rightful captain and Caldwell is a good manager (despite what miserable Partick Thistle and Gillingham fans might say!) he's shown strength of character in taking the team apart seeing what is possible, strengthening in the right areas before putting it back together again. It was an enormous set back in losing Jevani Brown but he regrouped and found other ways of scoring goals. Really happy with our club at the moment, what's more the players look happy as well!
Agree 100 % with all you are saying. Gary is building the foundations to provide a more consistent level of success.Taking the analogy of a building site…….sound foundations are crucial and need to built with care you don’t just dig a hole pour concrete in let it set and then just hope it will support the upper structure……..Gary knows what he is doing and we have to trust him and stay patient

Ash

Agree 100 % with all you are saying. Gary is building the foundations to provide a more consistent level of success.Taking the analogy of a building site…….sound foundations are crucial and need to built with care you don’t just dig a hole pour concrete in let it set and then just hope it will support the upper structure……..Gary knows what he is doing and we have to trust him and stay patient
I hope you're right. We still need a really good window to avoid struggling this season!