• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there going to be a cull?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh good another thread heading towards the Tisdale contract mode - which is just regurgitating what has been said in the other threads that have been taken off topic.

My initial intentions were to gather others thoughts on our existing squad with just over two months of the season left as I felt that we needed wholesale changes should we be promoted or not, but heyho I should have guessed that the old chestnut will raise itself. It would be interested to know how many threads have been diverted down this route and also how many times certain posters have just repeated themselves albeit on different threads.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh good another thread heading towards the Tisdale contract mode - which is just regurgitating what has been said in the other threads that have been taken off topic.

My initial intentions were to gather others thoughts on our existing squad with just over two months of the season left as I felt that we needed wholesale changes should we be promoted or not, but heyho I should have guessed that the old chestnut will raise itself. It would be interested to know how many threads have been diverted down this route and also how many times certain posters have just repeated themselves albeit on different threads.
Surely, you must understand that who is the manager next season has a fundamental impact on which players stay and those that go?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

I take your point, and apologise for contributing to this.

But Malcolm is right, the management team we have for next season (whether continuity or change) will presumably have a significant impact on who stays and who goes, and therefore the answer to your question. I don't think we can yet assume it will be continuity, as you did in your OP, and our Director of Football is unless something changes retiring in May.

suffolklad

Some people just can't let go. Nobody knows except those who it directly affects. Exeweb ought to be re-titled exebore, the same half dozen Tis out brigade as ever

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm for keeping McAlinden whichever league we are in next season. He's been carrying an injury this winter and when he's shaken it off he'll be back fast and strong. I also think we will make good money out of him in the future. You heard it here first.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree about McA , just wish he'd add a few goals to his repertoire .With Stockley just about our only scorer we need someone to step up to the plate fast for our run in.

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes he needs to work on his right foot too as he's very one sided but I really think he has potential to play at a higher level.

And he needs to dump the gloves, don't like to see that !

Last edited:

Red Bill

I find the above revelations a total eye-opener! Nobody can get any feedback regarding the Trusts instruction to the Trust board to arrange serving notice on the roller!? Four unpaid Trust servants sit amongst the Club Board, and they're not permitted to disclose the Tisdale situation? Its a total joke IMHO. I've repeatedly said that I would like to see some evidence that Tisdale has been served notice on the roller, and that he's now serving out a two year notice period on the previous mill-stone around the clubs neck! Theres no concrete evidence that I've seen or heard that it has been done. The club was quick to go to the national media when it was claimed that Tisdale was served his notice, but nothing since to prove its been done. Its somewhat worrying that several months ago, Tagg said he was working to get Tisdales contract finalised, or words to that effect. I hope the trust delegates wont let the club board see PT's new deal rushed through without being totally satisfied with the content i.e. a straight 12 month contract - no strings, and a salary thats on a par with the majority of the teams in our league. If Tisdale cant be made happy - too bad, even if we're promoted. Thats the time Tisdales contract should be finalised. .
It was made very clear at the time of the AGM that it would not be possible to update members on the progress of the action prescribed in the proposal. This isn't Exeter City FC or the Supporters' Trust being devious, secretive or ineffective, Its employment law. A contract of employment is a confidential document that has nothing to do with anyone but the employer and the employee and it is illegal to disclose without permission of both side any information relating to that contract.
Everything that's come out of the club since has suggested that the club board did indeed follow through on the instruction of the Trust board, hence the comments from Tisdale, Perryman et al. You just need to get used to the idea that you never will nor never were going to know anything concrete about Tisdale's or any other club employee's contract. If and when a new contract is negotiated, it will be put before the TB for approval and we will all need to just trust them to make the right decision whern it happens. Now anarchist me may have problems with this kind of abdication of responsibility, but I accept I'm in a tiny minority and that most people accept representative democracy as a normal method of decision and policy making, so unless you're also in my minority group, I think its only right that you respect whatever decisions our elected representatives make and stop trying to portray it as some kind of conspiracy.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Trust Board will only have sight of any manager's contract with the permission of all the parties to that contract. This is regardless of any stated Trust governance arrangements which may have been agreed with the Club board.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely, you must understand that who is the manager next season has a fundamental impact on which players stay and those that go?
Yep I understand that but as I said I was looking for fans opinions on the current squad and how they feel they would fare next season with a view of our possibly needing a Mansfieldesque change in personnel to seek success. At the end of the day our opinion counts for nothing and as you quite rightly state it is the Manager that decides, but it is curious to speculate.