• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there going to be a cull?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've never had any players loaned from Liverpool or Arsenal and both Alex and Kwame have been in their positions for some time now, so that is quite optimistic, Reading was probably down to the Eamon connection and Palace would probably have been Perryman and his London contacts, but I could well be wrong

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And we very rarely sign players from non-league - Wheeler was the last I can think of. We turned down Kieffer Moore, who is currently top scorer for Rotherham, 4th in L1.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the cull should come in midfield. None of them are setting things alight.

As someone said on the Carlisle match day thread, Boateng would look at first glance to be a very good player but somehow he doesn't quite deliver. Harley just isn't the same player as he was in the first spell. Taylor, neat and tidy but rarely does anything to influence a game. Holmes, when fit is ok but wouldn't lose any sleep if he were to go at the end of the season. Tillson can just go. James, believe it or not, I would keep. He is the one player than can pick a pass and also drive play forward. He just needs to cut out the absolute howlers that he does.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tillson can just go.
Tillson will be here until he retires. Will have over 400 games for the Grecians. Unless Tisdale moves he's got a job for life.

muppetdodger

Tillson will be here until he retires. Will have over 400 games for the Grecians. Unless Tisdale moves he's got a job for life.
Yeah what is the deal with that? As an aside I think Boateng is better suited to a good playing surface, personally I think his skills are lost on our sunday league pitch. Disagree with Crocks on James, who has been okish this season but before that could not physically pass the ball to one of his team mates. He was woeful, a bit better now.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah what is the deal with that? As an aside I think Boateng is better suited to a good playing surface, personally I think his skills are lost on our sunday league pitch. Disagree with Crocks on James, who has been okish this season but before that could not physically pass the ball to one of his team mates. He was woeful, a bit better now.
I would say it helps if your dad is one of the coaches, but I think he is better than that, solid defensive midfielder for league two/division 4, but as Hants says he is here until retirement as no one will come in for him, unless the mighty one doesn't renew his contract

LDNGrecian

Pretty sure people thought the same about Bennett.