• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is there going to be a cull?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The biggest question is will we still have Tisdale. His contract is up in a few months if I remember correctly
Is it? I always thought the beef was that he had a two year rolling contract meaning any notice served would be a two year period. If that's the case, was it really almost two years ago that the Trust board instructed the club to serve notice on his contract?

Red Bill

Pete thanks for the input but hopefully this thread is not going to turn into another Tisdale contract thread.

My main concern when starting it is that apart from three or four teams in this division (Luton Wycombe Mansfield etc) I see it as a very poor league particularly as we are still up there and challenging when we haven't been playing our best football or even had our best defence, and if we are to remain in it next season I can't see any reason that the teams in the division will improve, and we really must be looking to get out of it asap.

That said if we fail to get promoted this season for the second successive year, then there needs to be changes. There will also need to be changes should we go up. Some players are in a comfort zone at the club, due possibly to the 'loyalty' factor. It was once said to me that if you want loyalty get a dog. So I believe regardless of who is in charge that to maintain our status and possibly even challenge for a second promotion (heaven forbid - ambition) or challenge for a third successive attempt in division four that there will need to be changes and we need to be thinking about it now and sending out feelers through agents or contacts so that we are well positioned in the close season for early signings.

It would also be nice as the season peters out, to see some of the youngsters (Alex Byrne Matt Jay Jordan Storey etc) that have come through have a bit more game time so that we as fans can see what potential there is.
This isn't directed solely at you GNH as its something we hear again and again. League Two is a poor league, its division 4, the bottom division, it always has been and probably always will be poor, because apart from the odd big team that's fallen on hard times and one or two who've recently found a rich benefactor, its filled with teams like ourselves, small clubs with two and a half to five thousand fans and very little money. That doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to greater things or be generally ambitious with our goals and ways of going about things, but League two isn't any weaker this year or last year or the year before that or the year before that, its just normal League two where the standard is generally comparatively poor and we are one of those comparatively poor teams in it.

IndoMike

This isn't directed solely at you GNH as its something we hear again and again. League Two is a poor league, its division 4, the bottom division, it always has been and probably always will be poor, because apart from the odd big team that's fallen on hard times and one or two who've recently found a rich benefactor, its filled with teams like ourselves, small clubs with two and a half to five thousand fans and very little money. That doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to greater things or be generally ambitious with our goals and ways of going about things, but League two isn't any weaker this year or last year or the year before that or the year before that, its just normal League two where the standard is generally comparatively poor and we are one of those comparatively poor teams in it.
It's true. In Div 2 moves break down more quickly. Just a few passes and then the ball goes back to the other side again.

scottus86

Squad
Goalkeepers
Pym - Keep
Hamon - Release
Jones - Sign permanently

Defenders
Pierce Sweeney - Keep
Craig Woodman - Release and sign a younger player.
Troy Brown - Keep
Jordan Moore Taylor - Keep
Dean Moxey - Keep
Troy Archibald Henville - keep
Dan Seaborne - Release
Luke Croll - Keep (Contracted ?)
Jordan Storey - Keep
Alex Hartridge - Keep

Midfielders
Lloyd James - Release
Jordan Tilson - Release
Ryan Harley - keep
Lee Holmes - keep
Alex Byrne - Keep
Jake Taylor - Keep
Joel Randall - Academy Product
Archie Collins - Academy product
Harry Kite - Academy Product
Jack Sparkes - Academy Product
Max Smallcombe - Academy Product
Will Dean - Academy Product
Hiram Boateng - Keep

Forwards
Robbie Simpson - Release
Jayden Stockley - Keep
Ryan Brunt -Keep
Liam McAlinden - Release
Matt Jay - Keep
Ben Seymour - Academy Product

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Is it? I always thought the beef was that he had a two year rolling contract meaning any notice served would be a two year period. If that's the case, was it really almost two years ago that the Trust board instructed the club to serve notice on his contract?
October 2016 Trust AGM instructed the Trust Board to arrange serving notice on the Roller. Not sure we know precisely when the Trust served notice to the Club and then the Club to Tisdale.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Squad
Goalkeepers
Pym - Keep
Hamon - Release
Jones - Sign permanently

Defenders
Pierce Sweeney - Keep
Craig Woodman - Release and sign a younger player.
Troy Brown - Keep
Jordan Moore Taylor - Keep
Dean Moxey - Keep
Troy Archibald Henville - keep
Dan Seaborne - Release
Luke Croll - Keep (Contracted ?)
Jordan Storey - Keep
Alex Hartridge - Keep

Midfielders
Lloyd James - Release
Jordan Tilson - Release
Ryan Harley - keep
Lee Holmes - keep
Alex Byrne - Keep
Jake Taylor - Keep
Joel Randall - Academy Product
Archie Collins - Academy product
Harry Kite - Academy Product
Jack Sparkes - Academy Product
Max Smallcombe - Academy Product
Will Dean - Academy Product
Hiram Boateng - Keep

Forwards
Robbie Simpson - Release
Jayden Stockley - Keep
Ryan Brunt -Keep
Liam McAlinden - Release
Matt Jay - Keep
Ben Seymour - Academy Product
Pretty much exactly my thoughts, with the possible exception of letting Byrne and Jay go too. Neither have been able to force their way in to the team, so am sceptical as to whether they ever will.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
October 2016 Trust AGM instructed the Trust Board to arrange serving notice on the Roller. Not sure we know precisely when the Trust served notice to the Club and then the Club to Tisdale.
The Trustees on the CB could / would not give any details about this to the rest of the TB, citing legal advice, but Taggy implied at the last Trust AGM that this had been done around a year before, i.e. last November.

In theory any new contract should come to the TB for approval as it will be for over £50K but I have no idea if this has happened.

So we have no information on whether a new contract has been agreed or if the two year notice is ticking away. Contracts for staff are of course exclusively matters for the Company, the shareholders have no right to be informed about this. All a bit unsatisfactory, IMO, but there we are.

malcolms

The Trustees on the CB could / would not give any details about this to the rest of the TB, citing legal advice, but Taggy implied at the last Trust AGM that this had been done around a year before, i.e. last November.

In theory any new contract should come to the TB for approval as it will be for over £50K but I have no idea if this has happened.

So we have no information on whether a new contract has been agreed or if the two year notice is ticking away. Contracts for staff are of course exclusively matters for the Company, the shareholders have no right to be informed about this. All a bit unsatisfactory, IMO, but there we are.
John, I think the Club Board are riding rough shod over your rights to know fundamental elements of the company's business. Sadly, it appears that your TB representatives are complicit in this by citing legal advice that would unlikely to be held up should you choose to challenge it...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
John, I think the Club Board are riding rough shod over your rights to know fundamental elements of the company's business. Sadly, it appears that your TB representatives are complicit in this by citing legal advice that would unlikely to be held up should you choose to challenge it...
I'm not sure shareholders do have any right to know the contractual position of an employee.

But in any case, as I'm no longer directly involved, except as an ordinary Trust member, I have no locus in the matter. It would need an SGM of the TB to change anything, and there is zero chance of that happening.

Antony Moxey

Cheers, so at a minimum it’s a bit more than a couple of months then.