• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it too late for the Trust to regain effective control of the Club?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I know my place

malcolms

This thread has descended into a mess and confusion (probably the intention of a few).

The questions are simple and they revolve around the right of the Trust membership and the fans in general, to know how the income of the club is being spent and on what..

Attempts to muddy the water and calls from Martin for more ffing focus groups and meetings are not going to cut it.

Does it need an EGM to discuss specifics? I doubt it and even if it did, I suspect that the club has the ability to hide the real picture from a group of disorganised supporters.

The argument that this could impact on the reputation of the club and ultimately the success of the team is fallacious. It turns the discussion on its head and suggests that the questioning of anything that the club does is potentially damaging...A very common tactic used in politics and business to deflect criticism from where it rightfully belongs...

Last edited:

Thames Valley Red

This thread has descended into a mess and confusion (probably the intention of a few).

The questions are simple and they revolve around the right of the Trust membership and the fans in general, to know how the income of the club is being spent and on what..

Attempts to muddy the water and calls from Martin for more ffing focus groups and meetings are not going to cut it.

Does it need an EGM to discuss specifics? I doubt it and even if it did, I suspect that the club has the ability to hide the real picture from a group of disorganised supporters.

The argument that this could impact on the reputation of the club and ultimately the success of the team is fallacious. It turns the discussion on its head and suggests that the questioning of anything that the club does is potentially damaging...A very common tactic used in politics and business to deflect criticism from where it rightfully belongs...
I'll take up the challenge to organize people and get a pertinent question across, as it stands the people signing up to the petition is growing and later today the FACEBOOK group will be set up to organize people. We will discuss the actions open to us to raise the profile of the issues. It is clear that many people are fed up with all this talk of committees, working groups and focus groups.

I am still awaiting the event details for the Liverpool ticket fiasco that I was invited to by Mr Farley following that debacle. I await some comments to deflect us from the real point of the thread!

UTC

TVR

Antony Moxey

You should consider becoming a moderater Ant, coming on here demanding a response from me to another exewebbers question.
So why won't you answer the question?

Perhaps a sensible way forward is to ask the BoS to arrange an urgent open meeting to discuss specific areas of concern, including regard to the present and on-going Club financial position.
Calling for an EGM is a further waste of money and should be only considered if an open meeting is denied.
However the success of the petition will show that there is sufficient genuine concern for an EGM if required.
Remember though that the BoS and the Directors are two separate bodies.

Mike Blackstone

Remember though that the BoS and the Directors are two separate bodies.
Why do we have to have two separate bodies? This to me just confuses things. Could not the Bossers be the club directors and due to for re-election every 3 years? And for those who have 'roles' i.e. CEO etc. - even that should be subject to election by the trust membership? That would make everyone far more accountable to the general membership.

malcolms

Why do we have to have two separate bodies? This to me just confuses things. Could not the Bossers be the club directors and due to for re-election every 3 years? And for those who have 'roles' i.e. CEO etc. - even that should be subject to election by the trust membership? That would make everyone far more accountable to the general membership.
Far too sensible Mike, get back to c*ckling.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I fear that would lead to "Jobs for the Boys" and a lack of true business nous.

Mike Blackstone

Far too sensible Mike, get back to c*ckling.....
The tide is in!! I get fed up with the talk of this committee and that committee, this group and that group, no wonder no one knows what is happening.

Better to have one elected body by the Trust membership - 'directors' - to run the club, surely?

No more waffle, about setting up a committee, a group, due diligence, self governance etc. The latter to me suggests looking after one's self interests no matter what anyone else says?

Mike Blackstone

I fear that would lead to "Jobs for the Boys" and a lack of true business nous.
Yes, but for those already in directors roles it would ensure that they are on top of their 'game' in order to get re-elected.