• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it too late for the Trust to regain effective control of the Club?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems to me that the Club (organisational wise) has gone rapidly downhill since Norrie Stewart left. He was the certainly the man able to hold discourse with all levels at the Club in order to bring a satisfactory conclusion to any problem. I'm sure that this thread would have been concluded by now had Norrie still been in post.

The current system does not appear to be working. Imo it is impossible for Taggy to combine a CEO role with the heavy demands of controlling the footballing side. Why hasn't General Manager Jay Milling been on here to answer questions/set aside current fears?

And we have an anonymous Club Chairman.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
It seems to me that the Club (organisational wise) has gone rapidly downhill since Norrie Stewart left. He was the certainly the man able to hold discourse with all levels at the Club in order to bring a satisfactory conclusion to any problem. I'm sure that this thread would have been concluded by now had Norrie still been in post.

The current system does not appear to be working. Imo it is impossible for Taggy to combine a CEO role with the heavy demands of controlling the footballing side. Why hasn't General Manager Jay Milling been on here to answer questions/set aside current fears?

No we don't, his name is Edward Chorlton, a thicker set version of Mr Burns....

Antony Moxey

Why hasn't General Manager Jay Milling been on here to answer questions/set aside current fears?
Why should he? An unofficial site where 90+% of the members are anonymous? If you want answers I would suggest there are plenty of means in which to do so, including putting yourself up for election to the BOS - did you ask such questions when you were there, and if so what answers did you receive and how did you go about informing the membership of your findings?

malcolms

And you can be certain we are in trouble if we are now being asked to sigh wistfully over the loss of the "kilted one"

Poultice

And you think there is a lot of "business nous" knocking around in the current setup?
I think you might find that 'r' Jason was employing a little irony there.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The only irony I employ gets the creases out of my shirts.

malcolms

I think you might find that 'r' Jason was employing a little irony there.
Difficult to tell, perhaps its me "Aspergers" coming in to play...

Poultice

The only irony I employ gets the creases out of my shirts.
You're taking the credit for your wife's ironyering ?

Poultice

Why should he? An unofficial site where 90+% of the members are anonymous?
Governments all over the Middle East are falling because a small proportion of the electorate made enough noise, a very famous statesman and politician, I forget which one, once said that "governing is done by those who turn up", I accept your point that some motion beyond getting 250 people to sign up to an internet poll is required, but little acorns and mighty oaks come to mind.

Antony Moxey

Governments all over the Middle East are falling because a small proportion of the electorate made enough noise, a very famous statesman and politician, I forget which one, once said that "governing is done by those who turn up", I accept your point that some motion beyond getting 250 people to sign up to an internet poll is required, but little acorns and mighty oaks come to mind.
The point is not what the membership might do, it's about why the club shouldn't feel obliged to answer to an internet forum full of anonymous posters.