• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

tom_ecfc

No alcohol was sold in the away end for the Portsmouth game.
I wonder if there is a solution to this to help increase matchday revenue in the away end?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wonder if there is a solution to this to help increase matchday revenue in the away end?
I believe there are ideas in the pipeline for next season. The bottles of Carlsburg whatever anyone thinks of the product, are a good seller & very profitable in a captive market.

SRJ mentioned 600 as the cut off figure. It’s around 750. It is usually judged on advanced sales.

denzel

I believe there are ideas in the pipeline for next season. The bottles of Carlsburg whatever anyone thinks of the product, are a good seller & very profitable in a captive market.

SRJ mentioned 600 as the cut off figure. It’s around 750. It is usually judged on advanced sales.
Talking of profit, I presume we didn't give them all a free tea or coffee? I know its lovely that we do it for most sides, but 1300 drinks at 2 quid each is a big dent in our income.

Oldsmobile-88

Talking of profit, I presume we didn't give them all a free tea or coffee? I know its lovely that we do it for most sides, but 1300 drinks at 2 quid each is a big dent in our income.
Only the first 50 are free..

tom_ecfc

Only the first 50 are free..
I guess the cost of a tea is pence and not all those 50 would have bought one, so maybe the ‘loss’ would be less. But I guess a lot of those wouldn’t just buy 1 free tea, pasty or pie as well. By getting those fans to make their way to the ‘tea hut’ encourages them to purchase something when they probably wouldn’t have. It’s a good marketing strategy 👍

elginCity

I guess the cost of a tea is pence and not all those 50 would have bought one, so maybe the ‘loss’ would be less. But I guess a lot of those wouldn’t just buy 1 free tea, pasty or pie as well. By getting those fans to make their way to the ‘tea hut’ encourages them to purchase something when they probably wouldn’t have. It’s a good marketing strategy 👍
S'right, Tom, a loss-leader they call it. (y)

Pete Martin (CTID)

To date, this season, average attendance is 6,693. We are 17th in the League One attendances table, with Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Burton (3,338) below us. Port Vale are 16th on 6,740 and Northampton 15th 6,860 before we get to Carlisle in 14th on 8,138. Unsurprisingly, Derby are top at 26,801

Doing a quick 'back of fag packet' calculation of a notional (and possibly conservative) £10 per ticket (after costs), gives an average income of £66,930 per game and £1,539,390 over the full 23 home game league season. Obviously, home cup games would add to this slightly, especially as they are 'all pay'.

We have clearly achieved the aims of 'Project 6000', and some.

Kudos to the club as I believe, since the days of reduced capacity in the era of H&S, this is a record.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
To date, this season, average attendance is 6,693. We are 17th in the League One attendances table, with Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Fleetwood and Burton (3,338) below us. Port Vale are 16th on 6,740 and Northampton 15th 6,860 before we get to Carlisle in 14th on 8,138. Unsurprisingly, Derby are top at 26,801

Doing a quick 'back of fag packet' calculation of a notional (and possibly conservative) £10 per ticket (after costs), gives an average income of £66,930 per game and £1,539,390 over the full 23 home game league season. Obviously, home cup games would add to this slightly, especially as they are 'all pay'.

We have clearly achieved the aims of 'Project 6000', and some.

Kudos to the club as I believe, since the days of reduced capacity in the era of H&S, this is a record.
Great stats. I wonder with three sell outs what we could finish with? Two of our three remaining games will have maximum away sell outs but Stevenage I suspect will only bring 300-400

grecIAN Harris

Great stats. I wonder with three sell outs what we could finish with? Two of our three remaining games will have maximum away sell outs but Stevenage I suspect will only bring 300-400
You're being hopeful, Satanage bringing 300-400 even when they're in with a shout if thf play offs.

!luke!

Last season we averaged 6,846 (x23=157,458 total).
This season we have averaged 6,693 (x20=133,860 total)
With 3 games to go we need 23,598 to exceed last season so 7,866 over the final 3 games. Todays game will be a sell out home and away, the oxford game probably will be as well. I wouldn't expect much that Stevenage game to be quite so attractive but if they still have play offs to play for their away following might be boosted to help.
With season ticket prices frozen for next year hopefully we could increase on this season's sales numbers, could we get to 7k+ average next year?!