• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
For a sell out - under lights - against the league leaders, I thought the BB atmosphere was really quite poor. As others have said, I suppose it's never going to be great however when there is very little to actually cheer about.
the atmosphere was poor my little lad asked why they wasn’t singing the “Stanno” song as much as normal & he is 7 years old so if he’s noticed it i’m sure most adults would have.

people stood around me in the big bank was was talking about there xmas and new year plans rather than the game for most the game

you can’t blame the fans for not being excited can you when there was very little.

paperclip

This is the thing. We have been on a terrible run, we play dull football and don't really create any chances. Sometimes the players need to get the crowd going rather than always the other way around.
Yes absolutely. The atmosphere at the Wycombe game was much better I thought, probably as there was actually something to cheer. I find it really hard to get excited about our endless passing across the back, only for Hartridge to then shank another one into touch. Hopefully our new striker(s) will provide something to get the pulse racing.

arthur

Go to most grounds in the country and the home crowd is usually quiet in the first half unless a goal or two is scored. The away fans are having a well lubricated fun day out.....

SidwellOldboy

Lots of empty seats in the stanno stand last night - was watching on tv so can’t say if the same in cowshed

Pete Martin (CTID)

I have been as critical as anyone of how things have been since September 16th but I cannot agree that last night's atmpsphere was poor. Myself, I went along more with hope than any expectation but I thought we played very well against the (current) top team. OK, we didn't score, but that's how it is right now unfortunately. Despite that it seemed an entertaining game to me, with no lack of effort on our part. I thought also that the big bank did a great job, with plenty of singing and general support.

Not sure what people expect, but I have been at SJP many times when the match, and the audible support, has been far less than it was yesterday.

Grecian Max

I have been as critical as anyone of how things have been since September 16th but I cannot agree that last night's atmpsphere was poor. Myself, I went along more with hope than any expectation but I thought we played very well against the (current) top team. OK, we didn't score, but that's how it is right now unfortunately. Despite that it seemed an entertaining game to me, with no lack of effort on our part. I thought also that the big bank did a great job, with plenty of singing and general support.

Not sure what people expect, but I have been at SJP many times when the match, and the audible support, has been far less than it was yesterday.
Atmosphere was terrible from the home end and doesn’t touch what it used to be a few years ago. Barely a peep out of the bank.

A near rammed stadium. Full away end but not a surprise I suppose that there was a concerned, nervous home crowd rather than an expectant, excited one. The game was reasonably entertaining in patches but not much to excite the home support. Roll on when or if we start scoring a goal or 2 to get the crowd going.

STURTZ

Really felt full yesterday, spent the first half standing with one leg in the yellow aisle and constantly being shunted around by stewards. Never known that before.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were told last season that the capacity of SJP was 8219 so good to see we've been successful in finding ways to squeeze a few more into the ground and hopefully there will be more games in the future which well take advantage of this extra capacity. Can any of our resident stattos confirm that I am right in thinking this was our largest home attendance since the Oxford play-off semi.

Colesman Ballz

Atmosphere was terrible from the home end and doesn’t touch what it used to be a few years ago. Barely a peep out of the bank.
No need to go getting all nostalgic after your switch to the posh sheets ! :)