• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Home Attendances and Atmosphere

tom_ecfc

We were told last season that the capacity of SJP was 8219 so good to see we've been successful in finding ways to squeeze a few more into the ground and hopefully there will be more games in the future which well take advantage of this extra capacity. Can any of our resident stattos confirm that I am right in thinking this was our largest home attendance since the Oxford play-off semi.
It looked like very thin line of stewards sat between the away seated and home seated fans. It’s nice that we don’t have to lose 100’s of seats like in other stadiums when fans decide that fighting each other rather than watching the game is more important.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It looked like very thin line of stewards sat between the away seated and home seated fans. It’s nice that we don’t have to lose 100’s of seats like in other stadiums when fans decide that fighting each other rather than watching the game is more important.
Still sad that our elf and safety brigade find it necessary to take seats out of use at the front of Block A in the Stanno Stand for the same purpose though ! :(

tom_ecfc

Still sad that our elf and safety brigade find it necessary to take seats out of use at the front of Block A in the Stanno Stand for the same purpose though ! :(
Yep, I did notice that too. It would be interesting to know why the gap one side but not the other. Maybe those standing away fans are known to be more likely to cause trouble? 🤣

Boyo

This is the thing. We have been on a terrible run, we play dull football and don't really create any chances. Sometimes the players need to get the crowd going rather than always the other way around.
I don’t disagree but at the same time I thought Pompey were awful. Good noise in the first few mins, but hardly heard them after. I know the w@nker with the bell is often detrimental to the Pompey support, but given they were top of the league, in a packed away end with a low roof, they were poor. When you’re top of the league the fans shouldn’t have to wait for the team to spark the fans into life.

JGrecian23

How come the security guys took about 12 minutes to analyse my extra strong mints like they were contraband, but that Pompey **** can get a darned massive bell in!

Spoonz Red E

How come the security guys took about 12 minutes to analyse my extra strong mints like they were contraband, but that Pompey **** can get a darned massive bell in!
Because Christmas is the time for mint spies.

Jason

We were told last season that the capacity of SJP was 8219 so good to see we've been successful in finding ways to squeeze a few more into the ground and hopefully there will be more games in the future which well take advantage of this extra capacity. Can any of our resident stattos confirm that I am right in thinking this was our largest home attendance since the Oxford play-off semi.
I make it the best official attendance since the 2 new stands were opened. I also have it as the largest crowd since 8,383 saw us defeat Huddersfield in May 2010, unless anyone knows differently! Earlier that season we had 8,549 against Leeds, in January.

Both Liverpool cup ties in the 2010s had slightly under 8,300 in the ground.

I agree it's great to see us working to maximise crowds with the limitations we have. Well done to the club on this.

tom_ecfc

I make it the best official attendance since the 2 new stands were opened. I also have it as the largest crowd since 8,383 saw us defeat Huddersfield in May 2010, unless anyone knows differently! Earlier that season we had 8,549 against Leeds, in January.

Both Liverpool cup ties in the 2010s had slightly under 8,300 in the ground.

I agree it's great to see us working to maximise crowds with the limitations we have. Well done to the club on this.
@Jason any idea if the 1,335 away fans were the most the new away end/2 seared block total has been able to squeeze in?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
@Jason any idea if the 1,335 away fans were the most the new away end/2 seared block total has been able to squeeze in?
Also, any idea if we were serving the Pompey fans alcohol? IIRC the previous rule where we didn't serve alcohol when > 600 fans were in the St James Road Stand had been scrapped?

Oldsmobile-88

Also, any idea if we were serving the Pompey fans alcohol? IIRC the previous rule where we didn't serve alcohol when > 600 fans were in the St James Road Stand had been scrapped?
No alcohol was sold in the away end for the Portsmouth game.