• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Have Exeter City overtaken the Exeter Chiefs as the No1 Sports Team in Exeter?

ECFC Retail

My opinion, as in me personally (Nick from the shop) not the opinion of ECFC Retail....

As I've worked for both clubs.... I can say that I have seen a lot of Chiefs fans returning to football lately and the conversation is generally the same that the chiefs has just become too expensive for a lot of people, I always get asked which I prefer and the answer is obviously Exeter City FC as I have been a fan my whole life, and the ethos we have at the club is incredible as everything is about the fans.

I often get asked about who is the bigger club and obviously this can mean turnover, profit, followers etc. But the decision I have come to is this... If each club dropped down 2 leagues (god forbid), which of the clubs would survive?

Radio Free Skaro

Radio Free appears to have quite an obsession about Chiefs for some reason.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67192693, that's one of the reasons.

Mid Devon Grecian

The participants are aware of the risks. Do you want to see Rugby banned as a sport? Boxing as well? Motor Racing is dangerous, jockeys get serious injuries…..ban it all or let the participants decide whether they want to take the risks of injury?

Radio Free Skaro

The participants are aware of the risks. Do you want to see Rugby banned as a sport? Boxing as well? Motor Racing is dangerous, jockeys get serious injuries…..ban it all or let the participants decide whether they want to take the risks of injury?
No i certainly do not wish to see Rugby banned. However it needs to reform or die

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster

One for those who continue to claim that Rugby has some sort of moral superiority over football.

I seriously can't imagine this happening at SJP without other supporters calling out the racism. Not so at Sandy Park:

"So fed up," he wrote, adding that the incident happened as he was leaving the ground and "not a single person said a word, challenged or even reported it".