• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley Joins Swansea But Back Until End Of The Season

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
To my mind, if (and it is a big IF) we have a decent sell on clause then this deal is justifiable.
Yep, but a "sell-on" to what?

Good as he has been as Conf/L2/L1 level, at 26 (and on a 3 and a half year deal!!!) has he what he takes to suck out the (few remaining) megabucks from the real big players in the PL.

For myself, if the Swans do go up he's likely to be at best a (freebie) emergency bench warmer. (Horror of horrors)

On the other hand, if they stay in the CCC he might (just) be able to tread water there for a couple of years.....
think George Friend

PS: Just to stir the pudding a tad more, notice that our next away oppos have just managed to spunk OUT a reported £150k on 21 year old Aden Flint (WHO??) from f*cking Alfreton Town (WHERE??) - and on an possible rest of the season loan back deal too.

Where's as WE'VE just gifted out a primary asset away for (virtually) sweet FA

Despite Jason's Osbornian spin on the topic (both here and on Conf Forums) I, 4-1, am beginning to get a little concerned about this deal :(

Number13

Point one. I am behind all Tis and Perryman have done on the deals they have done, mostly because they turn out well.

However, this is point two, this deal isnt good. We turned down offers of £300k and now we got nothing. Bad. He stays with us but wont be playing properly, he wont respond to boll*ckings, wont put his head in or tackle (people say he doesnt already but I mean if someone comes in to rattle him, he'll jump out of the way, human nature). He got exactly what he wanted and we get squat. No money, no player.

Plus, if Tisdale plays him, which he must as its the only reason to turn the money down how will we see if Noble is the solution. We will get to the summer and wont know if we are replacing Harley with Noble or someone else. We are safe in L1 this year but cant go up. Show me Noble for 4 months and that will show if he will take us up like Ryan did from L2 or not.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev

Good as he has been as Conf/L2/L1 level, at 26 (and on a 3 and a half year deal!!!) has he what he takes to suck out the (few remaining) megabucks from the real big players in the PL.

For myself, if the Swans do go up he's likely to be at best a (freebie) emergency bench warmer. (Horror of horrors)

On the other hand, if they stay in the CCC he might (just) be able to tread water there for a couple of years.....
think George Friend

PS: Just to stir the pudding a tad more, notice that our next away oppos have just managed to spunk OUT a reported £150k on 21 year old Aden Flint (WHO??) from f*cking Alfreton Town (WHERE??) - and on an possible rest of the season loan back deal too.

Despite Jason's Osbornian spin on the topic (both here and on Conf Forums) I, 4-1, am beginning to get a little concerned about this deal :(
Did I hear Tis say on Red Lite that "money wasn't everything" or sommit like that?

We turned down offers of £300k and now we got nothing
I wasn't aware that the club had made the size of the bids recived public. So with this in mind, are we all sure that the deals on offer were £300k?

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed

think George Friend

You have to hope that he has a great season (more likely if Swans stay in CCC) and puts himself in shop window. Some prem club shells out £1m, we get 50% of it? You can hope can't you!

dommers

Of course the deal isn't good. The question is could we have done better.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually think this is a good deal. Ok weve got no fee but (Big But) If Harley Fires us the winner to get us to Wembley then we have gained his fee. If he scores us the goals to get us to the playoffs then weve gained a fee. As i said Tisdale wanted to keep him. Weve done that. In keeping him we had to accept we would lose out on a fee which weve done.

Weve set out in our main January Aim in Keeping Harley at the club.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
You have to hope that he has a great season (more likely if Swans stay in CCC) and puts himself in shop window. Some prem club shells out £1m, we get 50% of it? You can hope can't you!
LMAO. Just seen a load of pigs flying past my window.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
...he says he had a few interested in him, so I assume a few offers may have followed. Taken from the BBC website article:

"There were a lot of teams interested in me, which was nice, but I'm delighted to sign for the Swans. I just felt Swansea was the right club for me."
Exactly, HE felt Swansea was the right club. So doesn't this suggest that Ryan didn't want to go to any of the other clubs interested?

Do people really think that we sell a player regardless of who it is and tell em to pack their bags?

We turned down offers of £300k and now we got nothing.
People need to learn not to take newspaper/internet rumours at face value. Only this morning the Mirror reported that Swansea had offered £300k (I think), but that turned out to be b*ll*cks.

We haven't heard anything officially about the money actually offered, if any, for Harley, it's all speculation.