• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley Joins Swansea But Back Until End Of The Season

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Ryan will be playing for a place in the Swansea side as much as he was playing for a transfer. If he wants Premiership/Championship football then he still has a lot to prove to his new club. It's not a case of seeing the season out, if he does that then he risks being on the bench, a reserve player or shipped out to some sh*te club on loan (bit like he is now ;))
It's just a pity more don't see it like this.....please just give the lad a chance. If after 4-5 games he does not perform then watch this space...I'll even have a go, but for now get behind the lad and the management.

Grecian1987

Yes thank you, but not the whole thread as I'm off out in a bit. Tw*t
:D almost missed this!

A simple yes or no would have sufficed ;)

But seriously, I was calling R&WK an idiot instead.

My initial thoughts are.............Very strange transfer indeed!

What is the thinking behind it? If we had accepted some money for him this January window then we could have replaced him with some one.

Now, arguably our best player of all time is allowed to leave for nothing ?

I really am struggling to see the sense in it!

What if he sees out the rest of the season with lack lustre displays? What a waste of time and money that would be!

Strange, very strange!

Grecian1987

Ah exeweb. So many posters are obviously in touch with selling players :cool:

When you negotiate a deal, the player has to want to go to that team, before negotiations start. We're not paying his wages and which include bonuses. We keep him til the end of the season. How is this a bad thing?
:-O that's a pretty good disguise, Mr Perryman!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My initial thoughts are.............Very strange transfer indeed!

What is the thinking behind it? If we had accepted some money for him this January window then we could have replaced him with some one.

Now, arguably our best player of all time is allowed to leave for nothing ?

I really am struggling to see the sense in it!

What if he sees out the rest of the season with lack lustre displays? What a waste of time and money that would be!

Strange, very strange!
Assuming they are paying his wages, what money is wasted?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
:-O that's a pretty good disguise, Mr Perryman!
Funny that, I didn't see the arm up her back working her mouth when I met her last. And she sits down to pee!!!

Last edited:

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed

No one knows whether Ryan had got offers elsewhere, apart from Brighton and if he did then they were obviously from clubs he didn't want to go to.

...he says he had a few interested in him, so I assume a few offers may have followed. Taken from the BBC website article:

"There were a lot of teams interested in me, which was nice, but I'm delighted to sign for the Swans. I just felt Swansea was the right club for me."

I have told on good authoriy that the fee is around 300k, i wrote this before sending link.

Swans fans think there is a fee though, how confusing

Last edited:

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

When you negotiate a deal, the player has to want to go to that team, before negotiations start. We're not paying his wages and which include bonuses. We keep him til the end of the season. How is this a bad thing?

No one knows whether Ryan had got offers elsewhere, apart from Brighton and if he did then they were obviously from clubs he didn't want to go to.

If it weren't for Ryan you can be sure of one thing, we wouldn't be playing League 1 football this year.

Is ih still gonna be committed? Think about it, if he didn't want to be here, then he wouldn't have agreed to the contract.

I so hope he scores the winner against Brentford, that might shut some of you up.
then couldn't the club have put that swansea are paying wages/bonuses if this is the case. at least that then goes some way to explaining the reasons behind the deal. still isnt great for us, possibly worth 40k? but better than nothing i suppose.

Hopefully there is a sell on/something else built in but even if so we will not find out if that nets us any cash down the line.

i'm sure he will do his best for us and hope crowd don't get on his back if team is losing.

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
I have told on good authoriy that the fee is around 300k, i wrote this before sending link.

Swans fans think there is a fee though, how confusing
Quite right...confusing! Not sure your post makes a lot of sense to anyone!