• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Happy St George's Day

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, there are many examples of 'English' culture that I dislike.
No there are`nt.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
No there are`nt.
I prefer a good curry to fish n chips

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yet everyone else is perfect? I'm sure every culture has its faults.
Are you being intentionally dim? I never said that any other nationality was perfect, just that I feel there are nationalities that I prefer. It's a personal thing, don't expect anyone to agree with me. As Jason says, there are things that I dislike in other cultures, but I generally feel that they come out in front.

No there are`nt.
There aren't examples of English culture that I dislike? Oh, well sorry then, I must have been mistaken in expressing my own opinion.

tavyred

There aren't examples of English culture that I dislike? Oh, well sorry then, I must have been mistaken in expressing my own opinion.
You`re obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I doubt you can cite any cultural traits specific to the English that you dislike.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
You`re obviously entitled to your own opinion, but I doubt you can cite any cultural traits specific to the English that you dislike.
fish and chips, over-rated, bland

English food, bland

the National Anthem, should be Rule Britannia

the royals, outdated, outmoded and far to bleddy expensive

St Georges Day, non event compared to Saints days over the world

tavyred

fish and chips, over-rated, bland

English food, bland

the National Anthem, should be Rule Britannia

the royals, outdated, outmoded and far to bleddy expensive

St Georges Day, non event compared to Saints days over the world
Most of the things you mention could be described as British rather than specifically English, you do know the difference I take it?

Could you name something specifically English? If not, you need to use Britain as an example.

The only specifically English thing I can think of, is the class system. Which is frankly ghastly.

tavyred

Could you name something specifically English? If not, you need to use Britain as an example.

The only specifically English thing I can think of, is the class system. Which is frankly ghastly.
Magna Carta.