• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Happy St George's Day

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Isle of Man flag reminds me of that old 3 point swastika flag they had in South Africa in the 80s.

Just out of interest, what do people celebrate on St George's day?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Personally i celebrate being born English instead of being born welsh or scottish or any other nationality.

I love my country with all its faults and its great countryside.

I see loads of people celebrate paddy's day why not try and get St George's day to the same level and make it a national holiday !

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Isle of Man flag reminds me of that old 3 point swastika flag they had in South Africa in the 80s.

Just out of interest, what do people celebrate on St George's day?
Not seen that one, wasn't on the mailing list for it!

Personally i celebrate being born English instead of being born welsh or scottish or any other nationality.
Just playing Devil's advocate, does that mean that you think being English is better than being another nationality?

tavyred

Just playing Devil's advocate, does that mean that you think being English is better than being another nationality?
British by birth, English by the grace of God.:)

Antony Moxey

There's no devil's advocate to play. If it's your nationality why wouldn't you think it better than any other - do you think being English is worse than being another nationality?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
British by birth, English by the grace of God.:)
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life".

Cecil Rhodes.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just playing Devil's advocate, does that mean that you think being English is better than being another nationality?[/QUOTE]

Certainly do think that being born an English is better than ANY other nationality

Have a look at some of the other nationalities around the globe some of them arent fit to lace my workshoes

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no devil's advocate to play. If it's your nationality why wouldn't you think it better than any other - do you think being English is worse than being another nationality?
Yes, there are many examples of 'English' culture that I dislike.

Antony Moxey

Yes, there are many examples of 'English' culture that I dislike.
Yet everyone else is perfect? I'm sure every culture has its faults.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yet everyone else is perfect? I'm sure every culture has its faults.
Indeed, if there is a "perfect" culture in terms of compatibility with my own tastes, I've yet to find it. There are things I envy of the "culture" of others, but equally there are things in the same others that I dislike.