• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill on loan?

Not good enough for League 1. But is good enough for Exeter at the mo' :)

FAN-TATIC

Serious question...Can't we offload Marcus Stewart to his alma mater? Would help us raise some much needed dosh and the negative impact on the side would be zero judging by the performance of our so called "strikers"

PT has to be a little more imaginative that just saying "the purse is empty" he has to get off his arse and find a way to "wheel and deal" it's in the job description....
Wouldn't disagree with offloading Marcus to provide funding for a loan player. I would have thought that the only strikers that would need regular coaching are youngsters, the likes of Tom Nichols. Logan, O'Flynn and Nards are seasoned professionals who surely have learnt most of it by now.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
George Friend rode back into town in 2010 to save our sorry arses. Matt Gill in 2012 ?
Gilly has had some injury problems this season, so Tis has got to be interested. ;)

Although he is one of my favourite players over the last decade at City, my main reservation would be that he doesn't tend to hit the ground running and we need players who will come into the side and make an immediate impact.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't disagree with offloading Marcus to provide funding for a loan player. I would have thought that the only strikers that would need regular coaching are youngsters, the likes of Tom Nichols. Logan, O'Flynn and Nards are seasoned professionals who surely have learnt most of it by now.
You're never to old to stop learning and always need to maintain the good habits. As players get older, slower or injured they need to adapt their game. You've only got ask Marcus Stewart.

FAN-TATIC

You're never to old to stop learning and always need to maintain the good habits. As players get older, slower or injured they need to adapt their game. You've only got ask Marcus Stewart.
Well, from what I saw Ian, Marcus didn't adapt that well in his last two seasons as a player.

grecIAN Harris

Well, from what I saw Ian, Marcus didn't adapt that well in his last two seasons as a player.
Unfortunately there comes a time when your feet just simply won't do what brain is telling hem to do quickly enough.

malcolms

The main point is not Marcus Stewart, the main point is PT's declaration that because there is no money he can't spend anything...A huge part of a manager's job is to create funds by moving players out and reshuffling what you have..this is the part that PT seems either not too understand or feels it's beneath him.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Tis said in an interview with Fullsy post match on Monday that " for me the January window is easy, the purse is empty." We do not have any money for even loan signings. If they were wage free, we still have to provide accommodation at City's expense. It ain't gonna happen.
How about he stops whining and makes some money. Jesus if Tisdale posted on here he would win the biggest moaner award.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parklife

The main point is not Marcus Stewart, the main point is PT's declaration that because there is no money he can't spend anything...A huge part of a manager's job is to create funds by moving players out and reshuffling what you have..this is the part that PT seems either not too understand or feels it's beneath him.
How do you know that it is not going on?

malcolms

How do you know that it is not going on?
I don't...I just know it hasn't ever been a part of his management style..if it's happening now then its about time, but I won't hold my breath...

Last edited: