• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill on loan?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
But who? Name one player who we could loan out, not harm the first team and by doing so create a wage for a better player to come in?
I dont disagree with the point your making but as it stands I dont see where this movement could be available.
O'Flynn (easily on £1k p/w)
Logie (Recently scored a couple but overall not good enough, again will be on best part of £1k p/w)
B Jones (Sh*t but I bet someone would take him off us, Tis is prob paying him too much)
Pidge (Why do you need 2 senior keepers on the books? Have a young lad in reserve and if a crisis happens then deal with it)
Keohane (What is the point in him?)
Mcnish (again no point, get rid and get the fans to pay for Sheps or Nicholls or something)
Then there are about 8 youth players who will never play, get rid.

Easily £5-6k p/w there imo that we could free up and bring in say 3 decent players on £2k p/w.

Obviously this is all opinion and no basis on the figures but I doubt there too far off. It is Tisdale's job to get these players out on loan or sold completely, all of the above would get clubs that could pay their wages I reckon.

davecg

Richard Logan......
I would suggest that one of the main reasons Logie remains at ECFC is his price. Could we get in a quality league one player to improve the squad for the wage used up by Richard Logan?

grecIAN Harris

I would suggest that one of the main reasons Logie remains at ECFC is his price. Could we get in a quality league one player to improve the squad for the wage used up by Richard Logan?
Who's to say we couldn't get somebody in from lower down the leagues who is doing the business with an eye to the future who produce as much (and probably more) as Logie has over the last couple of seasons. I think Logie has had his time and will be gone at the end of the season. It's beneficial for him to get out and put himself in the shop window and beneficial for us to look at somebody for the future.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Logie (Recently scored a couple but overall not good enough, again will be on best part of £1k p/w)
B Jones (Sh*t but I bet someone would take him off us, Tis is prob paying him too much)
Pidge (Why do you need 2 senior keepers on the books? Have a young lad in reserve and if a crisis happens then deal with it)
Mcnish (again no point, get rid and get the fans to pay for Sheps or Nicholls or something)

Easily £5-6k p/w there imo that we could free up and bring in say 3 decent players on £2k p/w.

Obviously this is all opinion and no basis on the figures but I doubt there too far off. It is Tisdale's job to get these players out on loan or sold completely, all of the above would get clubs that could pay their wages I reckon.

Its so easy.

davecg

Youve raised 5-6k but got rid of about 13 players Jay and a 12 man squad :)
We currently have a 23 man squad, one of which is a loan player and 6 are youngsters. Add to that Bauza and Nards who are to put it midly, prone to the odd injury, and room for movement is tight.

davecg

Who's to say we couldn't get somebody in from lower down the leagues who is doing the business with an eye to the future who produce as much (and probably more) as Logie has over the last couple of seasons. I think Logie has had his time and will be gone at the end of the season. It's beneficial for him to get out and put himself in the shop window and beneficial for us to look at somebody for the future.
An in form conference striker would probably earn as much as Logie, maybe less, but for a team to release a striker, whose scoring a few, in janurary, they would want a fee. That rules us out.

Grecian_Jay

Youve raised 5-6k but got rid of about 13 players Jay and a 12 man squad :)
We currently have a 23 man squad, one of which is a loan player and 6 are youngsters. Add to that Bauza and Nards who are to put it midly, prone to the odd injury, and room for movement is tight.
I've got rid of 6 players who are never anywhere near the squad (except Logie). If you are bringing in 3 as I suggested we are only 3 players down. The kids can stay :)

The reason this could leave us with a problem is because of poor management in the first place. IF you know you have a small budget (and by God does he tell us about it!) then surely you don't fill the small squad up with players with poor injury records and fitness issues. We have 4-5 of these which makes no sense.

Antony Moxey

What if that 'crisis' happens during a match?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Craig McAllister has just been put on the transfer list by Newport County.

Not that I think signing him would be a good idea.

davecg

I've got rid of 6 players who are never anywhere near the squad (except Logie). If you are bringing in 3 as I suggested we are only 3 players down. The kids can stay :)

The reason this could leave us with a problem is because of poor management in the first place. IF you know you have a small budget (and by God does he tell us about it!) then surely you don't fill the small squad up with players with poor injury records and fitness issues. We have 4-5 of these which makes no sense.
For this season to be a success two things had to happen. Firstly, some of last years players, Troy, Sercombe, Dunne etc had to make huge strides into becoming sellable assets. Secondly one or two of Shephard, Bennett, McNish, Frear, Nicholls had to force themselves into being regulars in the matchday squad. Neither has happened, the league table tells its own story from there.

What the answer is to that from here, I dont know.