• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gill on loan?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Rovers getting rid of his best mate Bucks, wonder if the new manager will want Gilly? I'd love to get him back, stick him in Noble's place.

Grecian2K

Isn't he currently injured?

(If so, would suit us fine! ;) )

DJH2005

With Rovers getting rid of his best mate Bucks, wonder if the new manager will want Gilly? I'd love to get him back, stick him in Noble's place.
Will they pay his 3kpw wage?

It's a nay from me.

Gin Trap

rovers would want money towards wages if they even thought about loaning him he must be on a decent wedge up there, we have no money to do any business, hes also out for a month or so injured.

dream world.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will they pay his 3kpw wage?

It's a nay from me.
Gilly was offered exactly the same contract and wages by us as Rovers were offering him last summer so I cant imagine for a second its anywhere near 3k per week but what swayed him to sign for them was Paul Lambert at Norwich telling him not to go back.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
what swayed him to sign for them was Paul Lambert at Norwich telling him not to go back.
Are you sure that he didn't say 'don't come back to Norwich'?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure that he didn't say 'don't come back to Norwich'?
Gilly knew his days at Norwich were numbered when they got promoted to the Prem but Lambert always spoke highly of Gilly even though he told him he had no future there as a player as he was good in and around the dressing room for moral boosting his teammates etc.

Alistair20000

George Friend rode back into town in 2010 to save our sorry arses. Matt Gill in 2012 ?

FAN-TATIC

George Friend rode back into town in 2010 to save our sorry arses. Matt Gill in 2012 ?
Tis said in an interview with Fullsy post match on Monday that " for me the January window is easy, the purse is empty." We do not have any money for even loan signings. If they were wage free, we still have to provide accommodation at City's expense. It ain't gonna happen.

malcolms

Tis said in an interview with Fullsy post match on Monday that " for me the January window is easy, the purse is empty." We do not have any money for even loan signings. If they were wage free, we still have to provide accommodation at City's expense. It ain't gonna happen.
Serious question...Can't we offload Marcus Stewart to his alma mater? Would help us raise some much needed dosh and the negative impact on the side would be zero judging by the performance of our so called "strikers"

PT has to be a little more imaginative that just saying "the purse is empty" he has to get off his arse and find a way to "wheel and deal" it's in the job description....