• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
These X accounts are usually full of BS but late withdrawal from the Reading game, had captaincy removed, missed the Carlisle game. I definitely think something is going on there.
I'd settle for Aimson in exchange for a fee + Paul Mullin as make weight.

FanTactic

I think wee Jimmy needs to be passing his agents name around the academy. If he can negotiate £1m for him imagine what some of our academy lads could be worth.
Tried my best to stay positive on wee Jimmy given his age and previous serious injury, but even I’m losing to will to live. Don’t agree with booing him though, or any player for that matter

FanTactic

Is the correct answer. According to exeweb we're losing Aimson, Kite and Hartridge and signing 2 centre forwards.
Only one of those will be missed if we’re honest

ecfc70

I've lost track of how many we have in on loan, Sinisalo, Harris, Rankine......have the admiral and Trevett been returned for good?
Would love for us to tray and get Soonsup-Bell in from spurs but feel we need a centre half

FanTactic

Yeah agreed.

Once Fitzwater is back fit, we will probably be able to cope losing a defender such as Aimson. But a couple of injuries and it looks very light back there. Jules could play in there I guess but still not ideal.
Yeah agreed.

Once Fitzwater is back fit, we will probably be able to cope losing a defender such as Aimson. But a couple of injuries and it looks very light back there. Jules could play in there I guess but still not ideal.
This the same Fitzwater who played in one (or more) of our EFL Trophy capitulations and gave the ball away outside our box for the goal vs Middlesbrough?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
This the same Fitzwater who played in one (or more) of our EFL Trophy capitulations and gave the ball away outside our box for the goal vs Middlesbrough?
The same.
Our defence desperately needs strengthening, and Aimson is on more of a wedge than Fizzywater so if the rumour is true good luck to him and thanks for the memories (not that there are many good ones with WA). We move on (or not)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sounds like there's been bids for Sam Stubbs. Is it wishful thinking that maybe there was a clause in the deal that took him to Bratfud for free that allows us to re-sign him for a small fee? 🤭

StudentGrecian

It sounds like there's been bids for Sam Stubbs. Is it wishful thinking that maybe there was a clause in the deal that took him to Bratfud for free that allows us to re-sign him for a small fee? 🤭
Felt like he left on bad terms with GC. GC publicly saying he was injured and Stubbs saying he wasn’t on twitter. So I’d say no chance, even if there was a clause.

CC

I think Aimson is decent and seems to manage to stay fit for nearly every game which is a bonus. On the other hand if Wrexham are prepared to chuck a hefty wedge of Hollywood dollars our way for him then I don't think we should turn it down.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Felt like he left on bad terms with GC. GC publicly saying he was injured and Stubbs saying he wasn’t on twitter. So I’d say no chance, even if there was a clause.
Maybe. Maybe not. I still think it was contractual - Stubbs wasn't playing under MT either. Also, I seem to remember GC knew Stubbs from somewhere previously.

Stubbs has been left out of Bradford's starting XI recently.

Anyway, it's not gonna happen is it?