• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If there is any truth in these rumours, I'd be getting on the phone to Wolves and enquiring about Alfie Pond.
I'd love it if he was still here, but getting him on loan when he's a teenager and doesn't seem to have managed to break into a league 2 side? Why? I'm all for playing really young players if they're gonna get us paid or if they're absolutely outstanding. Pond's not our investment anymore, don't see him as a great option on loan, personally.

yticretexe

Sweeney and chieck to name just two
Sweeney hasn't had a bad game? 🤣

Trapdoor

Im worried about the amount of loans we have. Dont want to see any more. I'd rather we get some more experience in the side, people who know how to survive at L1 level.
Remember, "you never win anything with kids".

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Im worried about the amount of loans we have. Dont want to see any more, I'd rather we get some more experience, people who know how to survive at L1 level.
it’s also a factor ahead of next season in terms of who’s here or not.

dontpassback

Sweeney hasn't had a bad game? 🤣
I don’t think he has,but I’ve only been watching city for fifty plus years,so I don’t know much about football !

Stelios

Errrrrrrrr o_O

That was an Alan Hanson quote about Ferguson’s young Man Utd team on MOTD which infamously went on to win a lot of things …….

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, no-one wants loans, but if you can choose between a brilliant loan and a very mediocre clogger permanently, you're gonna go for the loan. Priority is always what impact they can make on the team.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If there is any truth in these rumours, I'd be getting on the phone to Wolves and enquiring about Alfie Pond.
On loan at Stockport until the end of the season and has been struggling with injuries. At this moment in time Pond would not be a sensible move.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
On loan at Stockport until the end of the season and has been struggling with injuries. At this moment in time Pond would not be a sensible move.
His loan move has been terminated by mutual consent. Maybe he'd be terrific, but I think its the "he used to play for us" that's driving the idea he'd be a good option.

If we were looking at loan signings in that position (centre-half), I would prefer any of the following; Richard Faayke (Swansea); Zane Monlouis (Arsenal) or Brooklyn Lyons-Foster (Spurs) or Levi Laing/Kaelan Casey (West Ham) to Alfie, as he didn't made much headway into Stockport's team, even when they struggled prior to his recall. A lot of the top young centre-half's are already out on loan so the market is quite sparse, but these are talented young men.

Were we to lose Aimson, which I hope we don't, I would prefer we signed a more senior player in his place given our defensive frailties recently, an option being Priestly Farquharson (Walsall) or Zac Williams (Crewe) - the latter's contract is up at the end of this season and at 19 would offer the chance for development and potential future sell on. I class him being 'senior' due to him making circa 70 first team league 1/2 appearances.

However if we invested the majority of any available money elsewhere on the pitch as probably is priority, then any of these in my opinion could turn out to be decent loanees.