• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fluminese Match...Doubtful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redvee

Look at PeteUSA for example - when has he ever, and I do mean ever, written a post to congratulate anyone from the club on a job well done? Surely during his time as a member of Exeweb they must have done something right, even if it was only the once. A good goal, a well earned win, a good signing, a decent performance? Surely in all those years there must have been one, but no, it's a constant and unending stream of complaints and jibes at everyone and anything to with the club, be it the manager, players, back room staff, coaches, club officials, the ground, everything. As such I suspect there are very few who give any weight whatsoever to anything he posts, and the same will apply to those others who constantly look to pick fault with everything to do with the club.
Just being selective there mate.

With regards to my posts, I only post what I know, up to you what you believe, like I said, I certainly would not have been so vocal on here if I was fabricating all of this, after all, look at the cr@p I stand to take if I am proved wrong!!!
Time will tell....

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly!!!

Why don"t the club admit what they KNOW, it is NOT going ahead.
"Instead they say, "No, lets keep bull****ting the fans until we can find someone to blame for our fvck up".

Some of you lot wouldn't realise a black eye if you looked in the mirror.
Time will tell.....
Why dont you reveal your source??

Waiting.....

Still Waiting......

Thought so..... No Source.. so looking like a liddle porkie pie......

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just being selective there mate.

With regards to my posts, I only post what I know, up to you what you believe, like I said, I certainly would not have been so vocal on here if I was fabricating all of this, after all, look at the cr@p I stand to take if I am proved wrong!!!
Time will tell....
What you know, or what you think you know? Not saying everything you post is wrong but like I say if all we see is criticism then it loses it's impact. Surely there must be something about the club you're in favour of - why not post and say so? It simply can't be bad all of the time, every time.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
"Work on a dedicated website is at an advanced stage" - this is what I mean by this event being a distraction from what we should be doing. Whatever time, effort and money has gone into producing a dedicated website that will only be used by 50 or so people could have been allocated to the club shop website, to generate real money immediately.

I admire the ambition and the nostalgia, but I would prefer it if this idea had never been explored.
Like this post (y)

Olivia's mum

Why dont you reveal your source??

Waiting.....

Still Waiting......

Thought so..... No Source.. so looking like a liddle porkie pie......
Lez any news from your source on when a contract will be signed ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
On no here we go again........................

This really is quite boring.

Shall we all just wait for an official announcement whichever way that goes and then deal with the fall out at that point.

Thank You

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Who was the dodgy contact you claim the club were dealing with?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who was the dodgy contact you claim the club were dealing with?
Oh no here we go again........................

Shall we all just wait for an official announcement whichever way that goes and then deal with the fall out at that point.

Thank You

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
So a statement has been made. But there are a few points I now have:

1) Was it really necessary to slap it all over the echo? Could they not have done a press statement for the official website, link it to here, maybe even slot it into a few forthcoming programmes?

2) They complain at the vitriol but have allowed it to stew for a week (thread started on the 4th, echo article 11th), a week of what is essentially a group of people all on the same side - but with many voicing concerns that the club are going to come out of this looking very bad, spending money we don't really have for a jolly, and distracting our gameplay from where we should be focusing - on us and our future. People could do a lot, lot worse than reading all of Fred Binney's posts on here - they reflect what most of the 'dissenters' are concerned about in a lighthearted way

3) The statement is out, but they have not yet confirmed either the date or any opposition in that statement - simply 'the fixture in Brazil'. Let's assume they are referring to Fluminense on the 20th July. They have seemingly confirmed that, and now need to stand by it. The cynical side of me says the game is on, but we are at the mercy of them, they could pull the plug their end at any time and we will still look stupid even though we are not to blame. I would still tread very carefully if the only reason you want to go out there is to watch City.

4) We won't have incurred NIL costs, almost impossible, but the costs probably are negligible, a couple of thousand perhaps so lets not get too hung up on that, I'm more concerned that we are not doing any housekeeping at our end - raising unbudgeted money, improving website, organising events etc because we appear to have tunnel-vision

Fareham Grecian

On no here we go again........................

Thank You
What, establish the facts and then discuss them? For ****'s sake man, this is Exeweb! What we have established so far is:

Redvee is a bull****ter who won't reveal his sauces. According to Lez.

Lez is a bull****ter who won't reveal his sauces. According to Redvee.

The saddest thing is that one of them will claim to have been proved right eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.