• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fluminese Match...Doubtful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olivia's mum

So a statement has been made. But there are a few points I now have:

1) Was it really necessary to slap it all over the echo? Could they not have done a press statement for the official website, link it to here, maybe even slot it into a few forthcoming programmes?

2) They complain at the vitriol but have allowed it to stew for a week (thread started on the 4th, echo article 11th), a week of what is essentially a group of people all on the same side - but with many voicing concerns that the club are going to come out of this looking very bad, spending money we don't really have for a jolly, and distracting our gameplay from where we should be focusing - on us and our future. People could do a lot, lot worse than reading all of Fred Binney's posts on here - they reflect what most of the 'dissenters' are concerned about in a lighthearted way

3) The statement is out, but they have not yet confirmed either the date or any opposition in that statement - simply 'the fixture in Brazil'. Let's assume they are referring to Fluminense on the 20th July. They have seemingly confirmed that, and now need to stand by it. The cynical side of me says the game is on, but we are at the mercy of them, they could pull the plug their end at any time and we will still look stupid even though we are not to blame. I would still tread very carefully if the only reason you want to go out there is to watch City.

4) We won't have incurred NIL costs, almost impossible, but the costs probably are negligible, a couple of thousand perhaps so lets not get too hung up on that, I'm more concerned that we are not doing any housekeeping at our end - raising unbudgeted money, improving website, organising events etc because we appear to have tunnel-vision
Excellent post David

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
So a statement has been made. But there are a few points I now have:

1) Was it really necessary to slap it all over the echo? Could they not have done a press statement for the official website, link it to here, maybe even slot it into a few forthcoming programmes?
In fairness to the club, it looks like the E&E's intrepid sporting journo took the announcement from the OS and gave it his own quite negative spin. Even going as far as to join exeweb solely to link to his own article and, one presumes, hoping to stir the pot a little more.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
What, establish the facts and then discuss them? For ****'s sake man, this is Exeweb

Oh yeh forgot where I was for a moment (facepalm)
Carry On everyone

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
You started this bloody thread so because you say the game isn't going to happen its gospel, and anything the club says about the game going ahead they're lying .
If Redvee said it, it probably is gospel. KJB mind, none of that papist rubbish.

Skip a few chapters brother, we'll be at Corinthians before you know it.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
In fairness to the club, it looks like the E&E's intrepid sporting journo took the announcement from the OS and gave it his own quite negative spin. Even going as far as to join exeweb solely to link to his own article and, one presumes, hoping to stir the pot a little more.
Is the correct answer Rae!!

The club never mentioned exeweb as the sauce of the rumour... why didnt the E and E go the whole hog and say it was a poster called RedVee who started the rumour?? nope straight into exeweb bashing mode.. Am I being Precious? well yeah a little bit!!

What i gather is the rumour spread to the terraces to the point the club were receiving calls and emails.. and instead of wasting time responding to each and every person, they released a statement..

Last edited:

Olivia's mum

Who was the dodgy contact you claim the club were dealing with?
Had to be a dodgy contact if they didn't want the club to follow up with the CBF last summer,please explain why the club were advised not to make contact which resulted in the club losing great access to the top of the CBF, surely it would of been great for the club to be under the CBF umbrella rather than the uncertainty they are at now.

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Had to be a dodgy contact if they didn't want the club to follow up with the CBF last summer,
Tread Carefully OM
please explain why the club were advised not to make contact which resulted in the club losing great access to the top of the CBF, surely it would of been great for the club to be under the CBF umbrella rather than the uncertainty they are at now.
I dont know why.. but they had their reasons. The contact the club are using is a guy called Ricardo, I believe he is the man who helped the club bring the Brazil Legends over.

Last edited:

Olivia's mum

Tread Carefully OM
I dont know why.. but they had their reasons. The contact the club are using is a guy called Ricardo, I believe he is the man who helped the club bring the Brazil Legends over.
Not libel lez its a forum and I have not named anyone but what reason would the club have not to follow up with contact already made on behalf of the club with the head of the CBF.
So does it not seem strange with you lez as it does with a lot of fans and all question why the clubs brazil contacts adviced against it and the club lost out with the interest shown from the CBF towards our club.

Last edited:

Redvee

If Redvee said it, it probably is gospel. KJB mind, none of that papist rubbish.

Showing your very limited knowledge again Stroudy(clap)

Redvee

Why dont you reveal your source??

Waiting.....

Still Waiting......

Thought so..... No Source.. so looking like a liddle porkie pie......
No more looking like a pork pie than the club saying its on Lezzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.