• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter City Matchday Thread

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Delph won't be playing on Saturday thankfully as he has opened talks over a move to Aston Villa, with a fee having already been agreed.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
As I'm a girl I obviously know nothing so take this post with a pinch of salt.
The first part of this quote is a lie, the second part is unhealthy. ;)

Last edited:

edindevon

Sadly Forest Green's captain Mike Fowler suffered a very serious injury in the match against Exeter. He sustained a triple ankle fracture, dislocation and ligament damage and has been told he may never be able to play again.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/sport/news/Fowler-career/article-1219258-detail/article.html

Best wishes to the bloke. I hope he defies medical predictions and recovers enough to be able to resume his career.

Last edited:

cityno1ledgend

Thats a real shame for the Fowler getting a bad injury in pre season. Good luck to him in his recovery

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jeez that sounds like one hell of a horrific injury. Best of luck to the lad but it doesnt look good for his career

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not expecting anything from this game, so anything we pick up is a bonus. Our (arugably) best player left for 350k, there's could be leaving for 10m, the gulf between the two clubs is massive, we shouldn't really be in the same league but that's football isn't it? and that's what makes the game so great.

I was there when we were really sh*t, and so at the end of the day I won't be losing any sleep because of a loss to Leeds, because I know how it feels to lose to a really poor small part time club.

But then again I don't want to return to that, and if the Team goes in with an attitude of anything think we pick up is a bonus, we are punching above our wieght attitude then we are going to get relegated...
Why shouldne't we be in the same league???? We've earnt the right to be playing in League 1, and obviously Leeds haven't improved enough to be playing in the Championship, we have as much right to be there as anyone else in this League

Majago

As I was sat in the home end for the first half of the game ( I was with City Casual and his mates are FGR fans so blame him) I heard straight after the injury that he'd at least broken it.
Were you one of the 3(?) City fans who came round to the away end for part of the 2nd half before disappearing again?

Last edited:

Daughter of I_M

Were you one of the 3(?) City fans who came round to the away end for part of the 2nd half before disappearing again?
Yep. We came over because I felt quite uncomfortable in the home end and wanted to see who was about. Then we went back just before the end to meet the guys we had come with originally.
I'm the one that was falling asleep lol (ciders fault mostly!)