• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter City Matchday Thread

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
as much as i like rob edwards he aint got the legs for league one, and will probably be concentrating more on the coaching side this season. as for alex russell, would be one of the last names to put in the starting lineup. dont rate the guy at all. would like to be proved wrong, but cant see it happening

Last edited:

vinniehub

The worst may well happen this Saturday, but if it does lets not get all hysterical about it and claim that if the manager had picked different players everything would have been so different. Be proud we were in a position to be "murdered" by such an illustrious club.[/QUOTE]

Spot on Stew. I must say I fear the worst for next Saturday, in fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we finished week 1 with nul points and out of the Carling Cup. However I expect things to slowly recover, and with Tis's traditional second half of the season surge I think we'll finish round about 16th place. And as you say, when you think of some of the teams who've stuffed us in our recent past, we've had it an awful lot worse.

tony

Haven't seen it mentioned on here, but if it has, apologies.

I just went on to the FGR website to see how the laddie was who got stretchered off on Saturday was and I did not realise it at the time, but he had a triple fracture, a dislocated ankle and some ligament damage!!!

There appears to be the possibility that he will never play again.

Terrible.

Red Lion

Didn't go on Saturday, but in today's E & E is a picture, with the caption "Ryan Harley powers past Forest Green's Andy Taylor".

Is that our old Andy Taylor? The picture looks like him. If it is, anyone know how long he's been there? I thought he was at Truro. I saw elsewhere in the same paper that L'il Les is now a Truro player.

Isn't it a joy to be out of touch with non league footy?! :D

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is that our old Andy Taylor? The picture looks like him.
It isn't him.

Sadly it looks like their player, Mike Fowler, is going to be out for at least the whole of the coming season after dislocating his ankle breaking it in three places and damaging his ligaments in what appeared to be an innocuous challenge.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may well be right, but why the "embarrassed" smiley?
Lets get things in perspective, if we do get "murdered" next week it will be by Leeds, you know League champions many times (the 4th most recent winners i believe),Prremier League top 4 and then Champions League semi finalists just a few years ago and we will be in a world class stadium with 25,000 ish there.
The manager is right, we will get some tonkings this year, as we did last year and the year before. If we do get stuffed by Leeds away, remember just 3 years ago we were being stuffed at home by Northwich and Canvey Island, destroyed by Weymouth and less than 12 months ago were being humiliated on our own patch by Chesterfield.
The worst may well happen this Saturday, but if it does lets not get all hysterical about it and claim that if the manager had picked different players everything would have been so different. Be proud we were in a position to be "murdered" by such an illustrious club.

Couldn't have said it better myself, thing is if we get a hammering even a 1-0 lead the usual thing on here will be to get hysterical, i'm going to Leeds, enjoy the occasion, and whatever the result will be happy for our team to be having this opportunity. It's been a long time, so just enjoy the moment

Yeovilgrecian

It isn't him.

Sadly it looks like their player, Mike Fowler, is going to be out for at least the whole of the coming season after dislocating his ankle breaking it in three places and damaging his ligaments in what appeared to be an innocuous challenge.
From what I saw he jumped for a header with our player and landed awkwardly on his ankle. Real shame for the guy don't wish that on any player, obviously Tim Sills excepted

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't have said it better myself, thing is if we get a hammering even a 1-0 lead the usual thing on here will be to get hysterical, i'm going to Leeds, enjoy the occasion, and whatever the result will be happy for our team to be having this opportunity. It's been a long time, so just enjoy the moment

I'm not expecting anything from this game, so anything we pick up is a bonus. Our (arugably) best player left for 350k, there's could be leaving for 10m, the gulf between the two clubs is massive, we shouldn't really be in the same league but that's football isn't it? and that's what makes the game so great.

I was there when we were really sh*t, and so at the end of the day I won't be losing any sleep because of a loss to Leeds, because I know how it feels to lose to a really poor small part time club.

But then again I don't want to return to that, and if the Team goes in with an attitude of anything think we pick up is a bonus, we are punching above our wieght attitude then we are going to get relegated...

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
I was there when we were really sh*t, and so at the end of the day I won't be losing any sleep because of a loss to Leeds, because I know how it feels to lose to a really poor small part time club.

But then again I don't want to return to that, and if the Team goes in with an attitude of anything think we pick up is a bonus, we are punching above our wieght attitude then we are going to get relegated...
Quite right. First half at Darlo springs to mind last season as we looked edgy, but then second half we were all guns blazing and matched them. Thing is, we are where we are because we deserve to be there, so we shouldn't be over-awed by the occasion. Yes, we are playing Leeds, but it's just another LEAGUE game. Anything can happen on the first day, and I for one think that we may even get a win at Elland Road, although like most, I'd be delighted with a point.

There's just too much doom and gloom on here at the moment, especially with the stuff behind the scenes. Forget all that, stop being miserable, and let's just focus on Saturday, get behind the boys, and cheer them on to what will hopefully be 3 points. Positivity is key!

Last edited:

Daughter of I_M

It isn't him.

As I was sat in the home end for the first half of the game ( I was with City Casual and his mates are FGR fans so blame him) I heard straight after the injury that he'd at least broken it. Maybe this is why our players were all not really giving it as much as they could have, well not nearly as much as they could have, for fear of something like that.
Fair play to FGR, they gave it quite a shot. Best wishes to the player that was injured so severely.

As I'm a girl I obviously know nothing so take this post with a pinch of salt.