• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

favourite away ground and

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
St Albans. The wetter the better :)

richards

The Hawthorns-even though we lost 6-3 there in the 90's there was a great atmosphere and its easy to get to off the motorway !

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kassam, Love it.

Dubai Grecian

The Hawthorns-even though we lost 6-3 there in the 90's there was a great atmosphere and its easy to get to off the motorway !
Totally agree, a great day (if you can have that losing 6-3) but the atmosphere was superb.

The other one which always sticks in my mind was Lincoln away in the championship year...we took over 2000+ there, won 5-1. The trip there and back was without doubt the best ever away day.

Joshyd123

The atmosphere at The Pirelli Stadium last season was quality in that 8 goal thriller.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Its always difficult picking out a favourite away ground...Grounds have changed so much in the past 25 years.A ground that i liked then,i would probably hate now...Turf Moor & Deepdale,spring to mind on that score..

We all have lucky grounds,where we have seen perhaps more than the odd victory & this can taint a opinion...Aldershot would not be in this catagory for me,7 defeats on the spin!

I have always liked The Shay,even when it was a dump years ago..It always had that grim northern charm,the complete opposite to a southern ground like SJP

The atmosphere at The Pirelli Stadium last season was quality in that 8 goal thriller.
Yeah you can only say the pirelli because its been your only away game lol

:D:D mine will have to be probably Bury last season because it was my first. Or Rushden was a very nice ground shame it was empty :D

Last edited:

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Stevenage. Good acoustics, decent food, they let us stand and Meatloaf was one of their stewards. I'll always remember him coming up and asking "can you sit down for a few minutes, then you can stand up again, I just need to be seen making an effort!" Top bloke and he enjoyed the 'I would do anything for love' song dedicated to him!!

Also enjoyed The Abbey, The Kassam and Brisbane Road for the same reasons except Meatloaf.

DevonSent

Always enjoyed the long trip to the KitKat Crescent. Fave game there was a 3-2 win with them having a last minute goal disallowed as the ref blew for full time as the player struck it.
Kassam Stadium for the play off semi a few years ago.
Would love to see City at St Marys.

Red the Paper

Banned
Kassam, Love it.
Same for me.

When many had lost hope and we didn't sell our away allocation (because it was too far to travel on a Tuesday night) it must rank as the best ever real City atmosphere. Singing from start to finish.

Better than Old Trafford and for me better than Torquay, even better than City winning 3 nil at the Scum.