• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FACup 2023-2024 season

kuznetsov

Great knowledge (or research!) Must have been 84.

Coppers

I hope the club are coming to some agreement with Wigan over reduced ticket prices to encourage good attendance. If its league prices I definitely won't be going but if it is papa John's money I'll consider it

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope the club are coming to some agreement with Wigan over reduced ticket prices to encourage good attendance. If its league prices I definitely won't be going but if it is papa John's money I'll consider it
Me too.

We should remember however that the gate is shared and both clubs have to agree.

tom_ecfc

Wigan at home was my first ever game. Must have been 1983 or 1984. No idea what the score was but I do have vivid memories of Len Bond's foul-mouthed marshaling of our defence!
Only home game in that time frame was 7 April 1984. Drew 1-1. Sims.

Previous home game was 3 Nov 1982. Won 2-1. Peter Rogers and Kellow.

Len Bond played in both.
Hopefully the match reports below may jog your memory of which match it was?

Match report for the 1982 game - https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/10935

Match report for the 1984 game - https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/12744

tom_ecfc

£15 max to stand would be a fair amount i’d pay.

STURTZ

fred binneys head

max to stand
He can sit in the stanno if he wants, you fascist.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wigan at home was my first ever game. Must have been 1983 or 1984. No idea what the score was but I do have vivid memories of Len Bond's foul-mouthed marshaling of our defence!
Wigan at home was the most boring game I ever saw. 0-0 on a Tuesday night.

tom_ecfc

He can sit in the stanno if he wants, you fascist.
Stand or no entry! ❌

fred binneys head

I’ve seen us play Wigan twice - we lost 4-1 at Springfield Park when Vince hilaire scored a diving header and 4-0 at home when we were completely schooled by Roberto Martinez and his friends.

I’m not going on Saturday, just for you.