• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FACup 2023-2024 season

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
🤣🤣🤣

Bridgy 81

Well that was very forthright.
I didn’t know who he was so looked him up.
Seems like he founded Dorking Wanderers in 1999 with a bunch of friends and still appears to be their owner and chairman and has been their first team manager since 2007.
So, I imagine his position at the club is fairly safe!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well that was very forthright.
I didn’t know who he was so looked him up.
Seems like he founded Dorking Wanderers in 1999 with a bunch of friends and still appears to be their owner and chairman and has been their first team manager since 2007.
So, I imagine his position at the club is fairly safe!
He has been referenced on here before on the first page of the '20-years-of-trust' thread.
Seems he's a bit Marmite to followers of Dorking football.

andrew p long

I'd be picking from these based on the usual rules of lower/non-league at home to league club. I've thrown Cray Valley in as they might offer something different despite being away at Charlton:

Bromley v Blackpool
Chesterfield v Portsmouth
Billericay Town or Sheppey United v Walsall
Ebbsfleet United or Slough Town v Grimsby Town
Hereford v Gillingham
Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley

Suspect I've missed a banger somewhere...
Charlton -v- Cray Valley Paper Mills is the most heartwarming of this draw. Their manager was interviewed after Saturday's win and his response to how he was going to celebrate that evening was 'I'm a London cabbie, so I'll be out working tonight...'

Cray Valley's ground is apparently just 3.5 miles from Charlton's...a real local derby between David and (in Round One terms) Goliath..

andrew p long

He has to be in control of it and is anything but in control of the situation as a whole never mind the ball.
Yes, but Law 12 has one of those (faintly ridiculous) deeming provisions, whereby he is considered to be in control of the ball if the ball is between his hands or between one hand and the ground or another surface such as the keeper's body

(the fact that provision is included therefore means 'he is considered to be in control of the ball in these circumstances, even though in reality he isn't in control of it')

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a winnable tie but the fact is we're playing them on Saturday, so I doubt I'll bother. I know, fan of the year.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a winnable tie but the fact is we're playing them on Saturday, so I doubt I'll bother. I know, fan of the year.
Likewise I think.

kuznetsov

Wigan at home was my first ever game. Must have been 1983 or 1984. No idea what the score was but I do have vivid memories of Len Bond's foul-mouthed marshaling of our defence!

Martin Weiler

Wigan at home was my first ever game. Must have been 1983 or 1984. No idea what the score was but I do have vivid memories of Len Bond's foul-mouthed marshaling of our defence!
Only home game in that time frame was 7 April 1984. Drew 1-1. Sims.

Previous home game was 3 Nov 1982. Won 2-1. Peter Rogers and Kellow.

Len Bond played in both.